BKLA
April 30th 7:00 am PIR South Pits....

Anyone coming?
J P Stein
I suppose I better go if you want a course set up. huh.gif
We usually have a good 914 turnout. Rumor has it that Mr. Chapman's
3.2L is running.....yumm...fresh meat. jsharp.gif
Porsche Rescue
Confirming the rumor: Gary's car is running and very well I might ad.
He even let me drive it if I promised not to wet myself when I mashed the gas.

I'll be there so someone can be last in the M class. Then again, maybe Trevor will show and lose spark on his first run like last weekend. There is always hope.

Edit: just took a look at the pre-registration list, 5 914's of 31 cars, including Trevor. Gotta be sure and bring my wire cutters.
Britain Smith
I will be there...

It was a really nice weekend, but just started raining out here. I hope it clears up for the morning. I will be there about 8:30...gotta wait till the wife gets back from work at the hospital.

-Britain
DNHunt
Is it gonna rain down there? I'm trying to talk myself into a morning run down to PDX. I gotta find that gate down there I kept missing. Besides, I need seat time.

Dave
Porsche Rescue
Yesterday the weather forecast said rain this afternoon. It was so nice this morning I figured they were wrong again. Nope, raining now. Same forecast says sunny and high of 66 tomorrow. Come on down.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Apr 29 2006, 04:09 PM) *

Yesterday the weather forecast said rain this afternoon. It was so nice this morning I figured they were wrong again. Nope, raining now. Same forecast says sunny and high of 66 tomorrow. Come on down.

I'll be there and hoping Aaron will bring his freshly finished 914 too!

........b

rhodyguy
yardwork. i'll be thinking of you guys working the course, in the rain, during the morning, while i'm having a cup of coffee. have fun, be careful.

k
DNHunt
Kevin

Your yard looks too nice for work. I was cutting blackberies over my head last evening.

Dave
DNHunt
Clear sky out. Just heading out. See you at PIR

Dave
J P Stein
Some highlites.......no pics, I was too busy.

A lovely blue flared 914 was in the lot. By the time I got done effin'
around & went lookin' for it, it was gone ????????

Brit was holding down TTOD in the first run grope....Mr Kotizan asked somebody what the fast time was & he was told it was 37. 8 or somethin', by the yellow 914(it was actually 38.9 or so).....so he went out and did a 37.4 on his last run. "I knew it was there" says he.....the guy is really a hoot to watch. His car is not always pointed in the direction it is going, but always totaly under control making him look so smooth.

Around 60 drivers got 6 runs ea. Jim Chambers was in the top 15 IIRC....nice going Jim.

Gary Chapman's justdoneyesterday 3.2 L is fast.....but needs motiar (new wurd)biggrin.gif
At the rate he's going thur them, the present tiars won't last long.
Porsche Rescue
In the 1st run group of about 30 cars JP's car was 1 (Britain) and 3 (JP). One of those whoopdeedo Subaru things was #2. Dave Hunt was 12th overall out of 59 with his homebuilt Raby 4. Maybe I'm going to have to cut off 2 cylinders or learn to drive better.

If he smiles on us, Bruce Allert might have some of his high quality pics to share (please). His pretty Miata was in the middle somewhere.
Rough_Rider
Thanks Jim,
No spark issues this time, did have a cracking time out there. Fun littel course, wish i'd tried 2nd gear through the 1st turns sooner. Knocked seconds from time.

Big Duh moment was running out of gas on 5th run... Ooops!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.