Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is a rev-limiter rotor available for 050?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porsche Rescue
Getting a little nervous at AX with no limiter. Can I get one for 050? If so, where? Local VW parts place?
Pelican?
J P Stein
Sorry we didn't in any fun runs. I was lookin' forward to driving your car.

As I said, an MSD would be the hot ticket for your car......if you're planning to keep this one laugh.gif
They make any carbed car run better. Adjustable rev limiter on the 6al

I was getting into 3rd gear at the 2nd cone of that slalom.....short shifting, but it was a gud place to shift and I had been bouncing the limiter in 2nd waaay before the East sweeper......the last few cones of the slalom were interesting cause I was haulin' ass.....the car was moving around *some* blink.gif
Brad Roberts
Jim.. I personally have never seen a rev limiting rotor for the 050. I would suggest buying the MSD 6AL. It helps keep the plugs clean on a carbed car and improves throttle response. The main reason I use them is for the soft touch rev control using the different chips.

B
Porsche Rescue
I was hoping for a cheap solution. Guess I'm going to have to spend some $. Thanks.
brant
There is one...
dammm I wish I could remember the specifics.

I ran a 911 rotor in my 050, can't remember which one exactly... I think from a 72?

I sold it all years ago or I'd go check for you, but I know there is one that will work...

Still the MSD will be better.
brant
Brad Roberts
Jim,

You should be able to buy one from Summitracing.com for around 179.00$ (MSD6AL)

B
ChrisReale
Brad, what will a MSD do for me? Stock 2.0 with euro pistons...worth it?
Brad Roberts
It really doesnt do much for stock injected engines.. it's the rev limiting, that's about it.

B
J P Stein
The last 6al I bought from Summit was 195 bucks.....I sold it for 150....without opening the box. I made
$-45.....which is a better return than I'd get on my 914. At this rate I should retire in 2050, dead broke. headbang.gif
seanery
LOL!
seanery
I've been reading the previous threads concerning the MSD 6AL. I'm considering these for both cars:
2.0 carb'd -4 and a (changing mind on engine) -6 carb'd.

I've read that some motors/tachs need an adapter of sort. Which ones need it? Is there documentation I can read somewhere?
ChrisReale
Sean-
look here. Page 3http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopca...racing_main.htm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.