Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's Metallic Red!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
markb
I thought I'd share a few pics of the progress. I got it back after 9 (!) months last Monday.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
dlo914
piratenanner.gif CONGRATS!!! Can't wait to do the same, in the summer, for my silver roller. smile.gif
markb
Put a few things on to be able to drive it home. Little things like windows, lights, rear bumper... smile.gif

Andyrew
Is that the shop that the norcal crew stopped for lunch at at the wcc??

Andrew

Paint looks Excelent!!!
markb
Got it home yesterday. clap56.gif

markb
Today I put the door handles on, and scrubbed down the floorboards with a wire brush, and vacuumed it out. This poor baby has been badly neglected, and some of it was by me. sad.gif

Tomorrow I'll wash down the floorboards with simple green, and get it clean.
echocanyons
Dont forget your eyebrows. I had one of mine painted and they forgot to paint them and actually lost them.

Looks sharp!
markb
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Apr 29 2006, 05:08 PM) *

Is that the shop that the norcal crew stopped for lunch at at the wcc??

Andrew

Paint looks Excelent!!!

Yep, that's te home of the Cap'n. West Coast Garage in Santa Maria. John was kind enough to let me have some some time, and the room to put the car together. Thanks again, Cap'n! piratenanner.gif
markb
I'm waiting for new rubber pieces for the eyebrows. GPR had to order them for me. Dave has been really good about getting things quick, since he knows how long I've waited for the car.
The front bumper was bent, so I had to take another early bumper down to have it painted. He's also painting a top in body color.
Gint
That looks pretty damn nice Mark.

Post more pics!
markb
I took a bunch while it was in paint, but I don't figure you'd want to see it step by step. I'll see what I have. biggrin.gif

Eventually it'll get euro rear lenses.
dlo914
unsure.gif mMm...looks like a candy coating you could just lick the flavor off your car. drooley.gif
Joe Bob
Muy Bueno, Jefe....

At least it ain't pooiple....
markb
I just took a couple of pics to keep track of the progress. The poor thing has been a bunch of colors. It started life yellow, then went red, then blue, and now red again. Once the floors are clean, I'm tempted to spray under the seats with the paint I got from paintscratch.com, and see how close it matches. dry.gif I'll por15 the edges where the rust is on tuesday. So far it's surface.
Aaron Cox
looks great.

my question - why dont people pull their motors/exhaust etc to keep from being painted?

or at least mask em off?

AA
markb
Because the lazy body shop guy didn't do it. biggrin.gif It's also getting the early, longer rear valence, so I don't think it will be seen.
markb
Did a little work on the dash today.

nomore9one4
Very nice... clap56.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.