Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this what a long normally looks like?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
terrymason
I'm wondering if someone did some rust repair on my car at some point in it's past. It's got crazy hell hole rust, and when I took the rocker panel off, I found this:

IPB Image

What do you guys think? is that what a normal 71 looks like? there's no jack point or anything
messix
bad repair job. didn't use factory type repair panels
drive-ability
No, it looks like someone has pealed off the outer skin to the rear. It looks like the added some metal as well. I don't know whats inside the longs, so I can't add much more. Compare it with the other side...
Elliot_Cannon
That don't look normal. But then niether does Aaron.
Jeroen
that's definately NOT what it's supposed to look like
sorry...
John
Not normal.

Is that a box section in there? I wonder what the thickness is.

I wonder if the heater tube is in there.

I would be concerned. Very concerned.

What does the rest of the car look like (I bet it's real rough)?

You may consider starting to look for a west coast tub.....

just my $0.02
grasshopper
wow! that looks really weird! what does the rest of the car look like?? this is what a normal long is supposed to look like
Click to view attachment
JoeSharp
QUOTE(grasshopper @ Apr 29 2006, 07:12 PM) *

wow! that looks really weird! what does the rest of the car look like?? this is what a normal long is supposed to look like
Click to view attachment

Berry: Did yopu recive the drive side long yet?
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
terrymason
The car is really rusty - I'm alittle afraid the passanger seat is gonna fall through to the road, but I'll probably just weld some braces in place.

I got the impression that the long had been worked on, as it didn't look quite right. I'll take some better photos and post them tomorrow.

Thanks guys
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.