Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Lost 50 Pounds Today....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joseph Mills
I picked up a used set of Kerry Hunter headers last week that included a 4" Supertrapp.

The combo weighs a bit shy of 20 lbs.

The backdated HE's along with my TRIAD muffler weighs 66 lbs. ohmy.gif

And half of that weight is hanging way ass off the end of the car. I decided to leave the rear valence off also, which weighs 4 lbs, so the total weight savings is a flat 50 lbs.

So if each 10 lbs is good for one HP, I picked up 5 HP with the weight loss, plus maybe 5-6 HP with the headers. Not bad. rolleyes.gif

Now there is only 11 lbs difference in weight front to back and it now weighs 1,985 lbs.

We'll see how it works at the AX tomorrow.

Who wants to buy a nice TRIAD for the street?

Aaron Cox
as much as i loved my truad, it was kinda heavy...

my car weighed in at 1908 without driver and a little bit of gas
Gint
QUOTE(Joseph Mills @ Apr 29 2006, 08:18 PM) *

Who wants to buy a nice TRIAD for the street?

I do. I'll send a PM.
McMark
If not Gint, contact Ed (tiim5), I know he's looking for a 2.0 muffler.
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Apr 29 2006, 09:20 PM) *

as much as i loved my truad, it was kinda heavy...

my car weighed in at 1908 without driver and a little bit of gas

1908?

Choo got short changed mang! You're missing 80 lbs. biggrin.gif

BMXerror
How do you like those headers? I've been looking at those and wanted to get them when I do the exhaust on my car. What size engine do you have, and what RPM do you run it to? How do they affect the torque curve? Anything you know, I want. I'm an info leach right now.
Mark D.
BMXerror
Oh yeah, also do those Kerry Hunter headers replace the stub pipes too?
Mark D.
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Apr 30 2006, 02:29 AM) *

How do you like those headers? I've been looking at those and wanted to get them when I do the exhaust on my car. What size engine do you have, and what RPM do you run it to? How do they affect the torque curve? Anything you know, I want. I'm an info leach right now.
Mark D.

I got mine for half price used, which included a supertrapp and I'm really pleased with the performance. It definitely woke the engine up a bit.

They don't have stubs, but you just take your time when installing like you would for stock HE's.

I have a 2.0 that is stock except for Euro P/C's and mild cam for the 44 idf's. I keep my rev limiter set to 5800rpm.

I will be doing some dyno runs with 6 disc,12 disc, and no disc on the supertrapp to see what it does to the torque curve (if anything). I may also try a flowmaster with the headers.

I guess one of the BIG questions with headers is, do you want a heater in your car? biggrin.gif

BMXerror
[quote name='Joseph Mills' date='Apr 30 2006, 06:52 PM' post='671705']
I guess one of the BIG questions with headers is, do you want a heater in your car? biggrin.gif

[quote]
I wouldn't be asking if I did, would I? biggrin.gif Lemme know how the flowmaster works out, because that's what I wanted to do..... or I'll PM you later and ask.
Mark D.
Mueller
QUOTE(BMXerror @ May 1 2006, 10:40 AM) *

QUOTE(Joseph Mills @ Apr 30 2006, 06:52 PM) *

I wouldn't be asking if I did, would I? biggrin.gif Lemme know how the flowmaster works out, because that's what I wanted to do..... or I'll PM you later and ask.
Mark D.

you can have heat with the tangerine racing headers smile.gif
.............I have the european racing headers and I'll have heat.....

Joseph Mills
Did you fab some HE's for your euro headers? I'm considering a small box for a bit of heat.

In the past I have only connected the driver's side for heat. Last year I didn't even do that. If it's over 40 degrees, my body heat and a jacket did just fine and I usually don't drive it when it's colder.

I just tossed my speaker sub and amp... another 14.75 lbs. biggrin.gif

antennae mast... 3 oz.

I used to do this with my bicycles. ohmy.gif

retrotech
My coco mats weighed 14 lbs. I know this won't apply to most guys, but as a point of interest. I just removed blower & windshield wiper assembly. Total weight 24 lbs. That was a quick 38lbs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.