Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new forum help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smooth_eddy
For some reason I get an email every time someone post a message to the thread I subscribe to. So if 10 reply, I get 10 emails. How do I change it so I only get one email no matter how many people post a message to the same topic. Thanks, Eddy
redshift
Go to your user control panel, and look on the.. page with forum settings, then UNTICK the email notification..

Conversely, untick the same preference in the reply, when using a full reply, not a fast reply.

M
smooth_eddy
When my email notification was unticked before, I did not get any emails at all. Seems like it is all or nothing. Eddy
reverie
I usually look at the forums every day, and e-mail notification is not necessary for me. If there is a new post on a thread, it bumps the thread up in the queue, and I see it.

However, e-mail notification is really essential for people who can't look at the forums every day, and if it's not working properly then it should be fixed.

Is that a lot of work with this new format? unsure.gif
McMark
Go to My Controls, click on the View Topics link under Subscriptions. Check the boxes for the threads you want to change the settings for, choose the email delivery setting you want from the pop-up menu, click the button.

All fixed. biggrin.gif
smooth_eddy
However, e-mail notification is really essential for people who can't look at the forums every day, and if it's not working properly then it should be fixed.

Yep, that is me......

Okay, I did what Mark said and found the pop up menu. There is no option for just ONE email. It is either immediate (lots) or none. Where is the one email option?
McMark
I think you want the Daily Email digest. confused24.gif
smooth_eddy
I wish I could just get it back to the way it was when we had the old (non) club.
MecGen
Hi Eddy

I use the "my assistant" - "view last 10 posts" to see what been going on.

Later

beerchug.gif
smooth_eddy
Well I woke up this morning and had my yahoo inbox jammed with email that led me to the same thread. Sigh.......I just changed to daily updates. I will try this and see how it works. If I have this problem, it seems like others should have the same problem too? Eddy
Gint
QUOTE(smooth_eddy @ Apr 30 2006, 10:36 AM) *

Well I woke up this morning and had my yahoo inbox jammed with email that led me to the same thread. Sigh.......I just changed to daily updates. I will try this and see how it works. If I have this problem, it seems like others should have the same problem too? Eddy

That's because you picked the wrong option. I believe that one will just wait until one time during the day to send *all* of the emails relating to each reply to a subscribed thread.

Have you bothered to try a few of them to see how they really work?

Try this one:

Delayed Emailed Notification
This option will send out a notification if a new topic or reply has been made and you're not active on the board.

I won't gaurantee (this is a disclaimer!) that it does EXACTLY what you want. But try it and find out. I *think* this is like the old forum option you are asking about. Or at least the most like it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.