Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For the first time in 8 years
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brando
So I started late on my 914 today (around 1PM), draining the oil, removing the spark plugs, disconnecting the vacuum lines etc in preparation for a full tune-up. Lately it's been running very poorly (or nearly not at all) after the latest rains. It sounds to me like a combined ingition/fuel delivery problem. It idles at about 500, won't run for crap after the CSV shuts off and the AAR closes. I think I have all sorts of leaks. Not to mention the cloth-covered rubber hose from the intake to the oil filler is weeping oil like a mofo into the engine bay (eew). I hop underneath while draining the oil and it looks like I have a leak at the front and the back of the engine... Arg.

Today I got the old plugs out (banks 3&4 were oil-coated and dark brown), banks 1&2 were just dark brown. New cap, rotor, wires and plugs. got the new oil filter in, removed my tunacan and painted it. My next day off I will adjust the valves and run new silicon vacuum lines. I'm considering removing the oil breather tube and running it to a breather instead of directly to the intake. Blow-by in the higher RPMs might be leaning my mixture out. But first and foremost... I need to get the valves adjusted and the new hoses.

Not having a driveable 914 saddens me sad.gif

At least it isn't on jack stands I guess... unsure.gif
Aaron Cox
stay with it homie smile.gif

my teener is still down.......

AA
JoeSharp
Brandon:
At least it is still at the crorrect elavation.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
rcrgrl
i feel your pain. - pushed mine home last night. -
just keep thinking how much nicer it will be when its going again.....smile.gif
Brando
Hey, it drives now wink.gif After Aaron and I did some hose replacement and a valve adjust, it was rollin' again. Burnouts in 1st are fun.
effutuo101
another teener back on the road! I think you should change your sig to say garaged for tune up rather than broken... burnout.gif
Brando
I had my 914 fixed back in May. I just realized how old this post was laugh.gif.

I put that thing in my sig... I would put garaged but I don't have one. COVERED AND ABANDONED would be better imho...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.