Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Forum "Concours d'Elegance"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=51033

Please use this forum to share/discuss/expand your knowledge regarding the "Concourse" aspects of our little cars ...

beerchug.gif Andy
iamchappy
I once had one brand new off the showroom floor in 1974. I still have some of it's original parts some on my bastard turbo monster some stashed away in boxes, I even have some original sheet metal from it and the window sticker.

But I am sad to say I no longer have a purist car, so I will have to excuse my self from the group.
Qarl
My car is stock... piratenanner.gif
TJB/914
To all Purists & non Purists.

We are all sick, but should enjoy each other's illiness. What's wrong with doing both???

Tom
Joe Bob
Andy....I coulda used my Godlike admin powers but I have chosen to restrain myself....

Concours

NO "E"

Ya walks on a Concourse....
blitZ
So what qualifies as purist? I back dated my 76 to the early look, guess I'm just another bastard.
iamchappy
QUOTE(blitZ @ Apr 30 2006, 08:52 AM) *

So what qualifies as purist? I back dated my 76 to the early look, guess I'm just another bastard.

In answer to your question the car must still have the original OEM tires on it.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Apr 30 2006, 10:30 AM) *

QUOTE(blitZ @ Apr 30 2006, 08:52 AM) *

In answer to your question the car must still have the original OEM tires on it.

Q Tips in a pocket protector....
Trekkor
Other than a few extra welds, mine is "as delivered". chairfall.gif

KT
Sideways
QUOTE(trekkor @ Apr 30 2006, 11:41 AM) *

Other than a few extra welds, mine is "as delivered". chairfall.gif

KT

Did you use OEm welding wire? If not you car is not worthy.....You must play with the rest of us. smile.gif
tod914
If you were a true purist, you would be running the original oil that came in car.
914forme
QUOTE(tod914 @ Apr 30 2006, 03:00 PM) *

If you were a true purist, you would be running the original oil that came in car.

How can you they LEAK!!!!!
Qarl
All jokes aside... there is something to be said about a totally stock, original 914... either one well preserved... or one restored to better than new.

piratenanner.gif
URY914
I tried to go in, but I must be blocked. I guess my car is "pure" enough.
rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.