Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Available Turbo Tie Rod Kits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
azbill
It has come the time for the “Turbo Tie Rod” up grade. I want to know the difference between the following three.

Performance Products, "Turbo Tie Rods complete kit #904791 $119.95"

Pelican, Turbo "Tie Rod Kit, 914 1.7/1.8/2.0 (1970-76), 914-6 (1970- 72), TTK-930N $185.50"

PMB Performance, "These 930 (911 Turbo) tie rods spherical ends that replaced the rubber used on the 914. This is a great improvement in positive steering response. And yes... we've made the "el cheapo" turbo tie rod mistakes so you don't have to. The boots split in about 4 weeks, exposing your brand new "bargain" to the elements. Hmmmmmm" $175.00 (Eric Shea)

I think Pelican and PMB kits are the same. How good or bad is the Performance Produces kit? Are there other sources?

Thanks for the help
Bill Shaffer
McMark
All I know is that there are multiple manufacturers. Lemforder is the OE. Perf. Prod probably isn't OE based on price. That price is lower than wholesale for Lemforder. dry.gif
Dr Evil
One defining characteristic that I noticed when I went with the cheapo one was that the nut on the end of the tie rod that goes on the control horn was a nylock nut rather than a castellated nut. All rubber on the cheapo kit disintegrated in 3 months. I replaced with Lemforder and havent had a problem yet.

Also, the shit split while it was stored out side not being used. Complete crap.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 30 2006, 04:39 PM) *

One defining characteristic that I noticed when I went with the cheapo one was that the nut on the end of the tie rod that goes on the control horn was a nylock nut rather than a castellated nut. All rubber on the cheapo kit disintegrated in 3 months. I replaced with Lemforder and havent had a problem yet.

Also, the shit split while it was stored out side not being used. Complete crap.

i think the Perf prod are weltmeister... and yup, the boots splitshortly thereafter...

i have lems for 3 years... no cracks, no issues//

AA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.