Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A few pics from R&G Swap today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914-8
Nice to meet some of you today. Still don't know most, but here's a few pics from this morning.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Allan
I see Elliot showing people where he use to work. biggrin.gif

MattR
QUOTE(Headrage @ Apr 30 2006, 01:33 PM) *

I see Elliot showing people where he use to work. biggrin.gif

no no, he was saying

"i used to be THIS long"

humpy.gif
Aaron Cox
great fun!

had a good sunburn.
always fun to see old friends and get made fun of LOL.

nice meeting you brian, and thanks for the space saver.

AA
Lou W
I had a great time

Thanks for everyone involved in putting this on. Lots of teeners there along with a few future doners biggrin.gif , a 912 and a 944 with Arizona plates.

I think we all got a little sun, except for the people sitting in the shade. smile.gif

JoeSharp
Click to view attachmentThis was on the way home on the famous 91 west in Corona, where the traffic is always stopped. Even with this car-b-q the traffic only slowed. Gas prices keeping everyone home. Check the traffic in my mirror.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
drive-ability
Laker's win! clap56.gif Oh, and I had a great time meeting the members of the club. Great group! beerchug.gif

IPB Image
grasshopper
don't mean to hijack, but did you get my PM joe??
JoeSharp
You have PM Barry.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Apr 30 2006, 03:37 PM) *

Click to view attachmentThis was on the way home on the famous 91 west in Corona, where the traffic is always stopped. Even with this car-b-q the traffic only slowed. Gas prices keeping everyone home. Check the traffic in my mirror.

i got off at madison and bypassed it all smile.gif

AA
TINCAN914
Good to see everyone again, thanks Ron and Glenn for your hospitality clap56.gif
Some amazing looking cars,bummed Double A-ron didn't have his there.
I don't know when I willbe at one of these here in Southern Cal, since will be living in Colorado in the next few weeks, so I will be givin them S**T whenever possible...... Just wanted to thank all the SoCal contingent for there friendship and assistance, what a great group of peeps!! beerchug.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(drive-ability @ Apr 30 2006, 03:43 PM) *

Laker's win! clap56.gif

Good. smile.gif
Not good that they won, good that the game is over and will not be on TV at work tonight. I don't like the Lakers and I like dealing with their fans even less. ar15.gif
In my book, they are even worse than Raiders fans. flipa.gif
914-8
You guys need to wear name badges or something at these events!

It's hard to figure out who is who!
Elliot_Cannon

I left some time after you did Joe and the traffic was bumper to bumper, probably because of fire trucks and such. By the time I got past the truck the fire was out and the only car there was a CHP car. The truck burned waaay more that your pic shows. Absolute total loss.

Cheers, Elliot
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Apr 30 2006, 05:51 PM) *

I left some time after you did Joe and the traffic was bumper to bumper, probably because of fire trucks and such. By the time I got past the truck the fire was out and the only car there was a CHP car. The truck burned waaay more that your pic shows. Absolute total loss.

Cheers, Elliot

ellyut....

i left like 2 min before you did... by the time i hit madison... it was stopping. got off at autocenter and took indiana for 3 miles... bypassed it smile.gif

how long did you sit in traffic?
Zaney
hijacked.gif It may sound demented and odd but, pics like these get my blood pumping! I love kicking ass on car fires! screwy.gif

Anywho, looks like a great turn out for the meet!
Can't wait to see some SoCal folks down in Portland for the WWC06'

May all your fires be on the grill jsharp.gif

Nate
wannateener
QUOTE(grasshopper @ Apr 30 2006, 03:44 PM) *

don't mean to hijack, but did you get my PM joe??

Grasshopper, you didnt hijack.... you were a passenger. you werent even there but we enjoyed talking about you and how you manage to get cars. I'll never keep up. About half the people I talked to had something to say about you and your projects. Alot of people are very fond of how you can pull a 914 out of thin air, or any porsche.

Thanks again Bruce, alberto, Matt and Ron ,
dlo914
clap56.gif AWESOME turnout today! Great food chowtime.gif good laughs, got sun burnt, great people, spent some money, didnt sell anything, but it was really fun meeting new people who share this addiction of ours biggrin.gif here's a toast to Glen and Ron for being the best hosts drunk.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif O and on the way home on the 60 W there was a Mitsubishi Montero that had flipped over onto its roof that practically slowed traffic down to a halt blink.gif should've taken a picture but was busy buzzing by in the 914 driving.gif biggrin.gif
Toast
Gas prices keeping everyone home. Check the traffic in my mirror.

agree.gif

All freeways i've been on for this whole week has been eerily empty. Makes me wonder if anyone is even going to work. huh.gif
GWN7
I just wanted to say EH! to everyone and let you know I had a great time today. smile.gif

After looking at the pics, all I can say is being locked up in the igloo all winter I should lay off the whale. Salad anyone? smile.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Apr 30 2006, 09:36 PM) *

I just wanted to say EH! to everyone and let you know I had a great time today. smile.gif

After looking at the pics, all I can say is being locked up in the igloo all winter I should lay off the whale. Salad anyone? smile.gif

ROFL - good to see my homie from the great white north EH.....

thanks for the gift! and see ya soon EH?

post your pics LOL
GWN7
When I get home....I'm at a pay as you read terminal at the Radisson near LAX for the night......pics tomorrow when everyone has forgotten everything smile.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Apr 30 2006, 09:42 PM) *

When I get home....I'm at a pay as you read terminal at the Radisson near LAX for the night......pics tomorrow when everyone has forgotten everything smile.gif

have a safe flight bud smile.gif
Lou W
It was great meeting you Bruce, have a safe trip home. smile.gif
mike914duck
chowtime.gif I enjoyed the swap and bbq got some great parts and got some leads on some other parts as well I have hopes of washing my car for the next gathering I am able to make but really want to thank the hosts Ron and Glen super food as well neat location for all.

Sinc, mike914duck
Brando
Great meetin you bruce. And trojanman&dad. Last I heard they were having alternator issues. Crap sad.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Brando @ May 1 2006, 01:02 AM) *

Great meetin you bruce. And trojanman&dad. Last I heard they were having alternator issues. Crap sad.gif

made it home.............. barely

the car died at the intersection down the street from my parents house.
battery was DEAD. ran home, got jumper cables, and gave it enough charge to travel the last .5 mile. The car started sputtering up the hill, so I turned off the lights and got what felt like a turbo boost. smile.gif One more problem to diagnose. sad.gif

Dad is going to check the alternator tonight.
Brando
Hey, I'm starting to think that wire-nut went to something important... alternator maybe? lol2.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Brando @ May 1 2006, 01:06 PM) *

Hey, I'm starting to think that wire-nut went to something important... alternator maybe? lol2.gif

seriously? i wasn't paying attention to what you were doing on top. i was under the car.

don't tell me your like that girl's dad from Seinfeld who was tinkering around with the "jon Voight" car smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.