Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 wide body alignment specs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grantsfo
What kind of alignment specs are people running on wide body setups for track and AX? I want to go as aggressive as possible to keep good turn in and maximize temps with DOT R compound radials.

I'm running 9" and 8" wheels with 1 1/2" spacers

brant
mostly dependent upon tire brand.
most DOT compound tires like between -2 and -3 degree's camber
I think we have -2.8 in front and rear.

brant
9146R
Grant,
I ran this weekend up at Thill PCA event. 1970 914-6 with 2.4litre motor, 250lb rear springs, yellow koni coilover shox in rear. Hoosier S303 dot tire 225x45x15 on 15x7 fr and 15x8 rear. Setup with ~2.5 neg camber rear and 1.7 neg front. Car is very stable, predictable and fun as long as the rear tires when hot stay below 40 psi - gets slippery over that. I was told by a very experienced 914-4 driver to try LESS neg camber. He said the tire temps (hot) across the rear should be close to constant - mine are way hotter on the inside portion of the tires. He explained that the car will carry higher corner speeds if using more of the contact patch (less neg camber - in rear for sure).
Greg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.