Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Posts since last visit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sgomes
I've noticed that the "new" site doesn't mark all posts as read after I leave. Not sure I'm describing it correctly but the old site I could click on the "first unread post" icon next to the topic and it would take me to the oldest post in a tread that I haven't read since my last visit. (wow I'm having a hard time describing this)

Basically, on the old site, every time I came to the site I could quickly see just the threads that were active since my last visit. They would be the ONLY threads with the little icon for "go to first unread post" next to them.

Now I have to remember to mark the whole forum as read every time I leave.

Any chance we could restore this behavior?

Shannon
RustyWa
I was wondering about this as well.
SirAndy
huh? werks just like the old forum for me. the icons look different, but other than that, it still works.

what browser are you using?
confused24.gif Andy
sgomes
Firefox 1.5.0.2

I'll check today on IE. The neat thing was that I could read the board in the morning at home on firefox and then check it at work later on IE. It would know what threads I read at home so that, at work, I would see just the new stuff since the morning! Very cool! Doesn't work anymore. sad.gif
Gint
I've observed the same thing with Firefox. I don't know why the new software behaves this way with Firefox, but it does. Probably soemthing to do with local cookies vs. storing some kind of history within the software.

For now, before you leave work or home, go to the front page and mark all posts as read. I'll be on the lookout for a fix for this as time goes on. But don't hold your breath...
sgomes
Thanks for checking into it. I agree it sounds like a cookie thing. One thing I did notice on the old board is that it took a little time for it to "mark all thread read". In other words if I closed firefox and then came right back to the 914club the threads were still listed as unread. If I closed it and came back after some time they would be marked as read. Weird.

Anyway thanks again,

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.