Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Server Change
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I just made a system change. Anyone notice a speed gain in loading the page?
Qarl
Yes... it's much slower now. Thanks.

Dunno.... haven't really paid attention...

confused24.gif
anthony
Seems faster to me.
Bleyseng
Ummm, actually its alittle bit faster here in Suriname.

Can you turn up the boost even higher? mrs.K.gif

Its 9:30PM and still 80 degrees, I am cooking here in the office working overtime. thumb3d.gif
JoeSharp
It seems faster but I'm on my meds now and everything is going much faster and smoother also.
:PERMASTONED: Joe
VaccaRabite
I can't really tell a speed difference right now, but the server has to cross then entire country before it gets to me, so I should not be a judge...

Zach
McMark
Basically, all the page information is compressed before it is transmitted from the server to you. Then your browser decompresses the info and puts it on your screen. So it should help everyone regardless of location. biggrin.gif
effutuo101
response times are better and more consistent then before.
serge914
Look quite faster to me, I taught is was my internet connection getting better :-)
jd66921
Much better!
markb
QUOTE(jd66921 @ Apr 30 2006, 06:47 PM) *

Much better!

agree.gif
Brando
Everyone knows you can't turbo a 914club website :shrug:
brant
Mark,

its faster..
thank you.

but I notice when I back out of a thread that the main page doesn't refresh automatically like it used to.

I don't see that I've been in the thread or that my name is the most recent posting, until I hit refresh at the top of the page.

no big deal really
just an observation
brant
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 30 2006, 06:12 PM) *

Basically, all the page information is compressed before it is transmitted from the server to you. Then your browser decompresses the info and puts it on your screen. So it should help everyone regardless of location. biggrin.gif

Cool!! Kinda like the transporter on the Star Ship Enterprise. "Beam me up Andy"

Elliot
McMark
Made another little "optimization". Could be another small speed boost.
Rand
You can't turbo a 914 BBS. laugh.gif
Thanks for you work Mark! smilie_pokal.gif
drewvw

seems a bit faster to me...nice work.
VegasRacer
It seems more gooder to me. smile.gif
gary gartner
Way mo betta----thanks Mark boldblue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.