Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Name this muffler?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Grimstead
Can anyone name this muffler? confused24.gif
I don’t much about it except that it came with my 1.7 1911 engine and it is really throaty. Back in the day (when it was my DD driving.gif ) I could set off car alarms in parking structures with ease. happy11.gif
Gint
Dunno, but I have one just like it in my shed. Almost exactly like it in fact. Maybe exactly the same.

So lemme know if it's worth a small fortune. wink.gif
Grimstead
Don't check the shed ph34r.gif
Aaron Cox
what are you replacing that beast with? happy11.gif
Grimstead
YOu mean this? aktion035.gif
stephen7
that looks cool. Where did you get it? Make it? The dual outlet exhausts sound great on 6 cylinders - I wonder what it will sound like on a four...

steve
Demick
Looks like an S&S collector/muffler setup.
Grimstead
Steve, that's a Triad exhaust (still greasy but top notch)

Demick, Thanks for the info. I plan on selling it with the engine when my new one is finished and wanted as much information as possible to pass along.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Grimstead @ Apr 30 2006, 09:12 PM) *

Steve, that's a Triad exhaust (still greasy but top notch)

Demick, Thanks for the info. I plan on selling it with the engine when my new one is finished and wanted as much information as possible to pass along.

clean your parts geez!

youd think that with such a nice car, youd have some really clean parts! LOL
mike_the_man
I've got that same setup on my car. I've been thinking about welding the flanges to some aftermarket muffler. Maybe a Magnaflow, or something that sounds good.

Mine is starting to rust though. I need high temp paint.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.