Aaron Cox
very easy and handy way to shrink your pics if you have a windows machine

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=18420

please.... shrink your pics.

AA
Toast
But remember Aaron, not all of us have XP. :AAlookingretarded:
Grimstead
Maybe you just need a bigger monitor? confused24.gif They look fine on my 24" lcd happy11.gif
Rand
I was in the pool!!!
laugh.gif
jim_hoyland
What a timesaver Thanks
lotus_65
my images are reduced on the mac in photoshop to 800x600 pixels, they are between 400k-600k, but they won't post since the upgrade.

i get an error about exceeding the thread max limit for images.

any thoughts on a fix?

thanks~
paul
jsteele22
What size do you recommend ?
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(lotus_65 @ May 1 2006, 10:57 AM) *

my images are reduced on the mac in photoshop to 800x600 pixels, they are between 400k-600k, but they won't post since the upgrade.

i get an error about exceeding the thread max limit for images.

any thoughts on a fix?

thanks~
paul

I ran into the same problem last week. Andy informed me to increase my "compression" rate to around 5. This will greatly reduce the size of your image files. See if it works for you.

lotus_65
ok thanks,
i'll check it out.
neo914-6
QUOTE(Toast @ Apr 30 2006, 09:08 PM) *

agree.gif what's the downside of posting larger pics? Seems they are now shown small enough and can be clicked larger...

It takes alot of time for me to downsize... sad.gif
terrymason
I'm a big fan of http://imageshack.us/ They host your photo, and will give you a thumbnail (they code everything for you) that you can post.

No sigunp, no password, platform independant

example

IPB Image
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(neo914-6 @ May 1 2006, 11:13 AM) *

QUOTE(Toast @ Apr 30 2006, 09:08 PM) *

agree.gif what's the downside of posting larger pics? Seems they are now shown small enough and can be clicked larger...

It takes alot of time for me to downsize... sad.gif

because people on dialup get to bitch and moan over the thumbnailed 5 meg photos....

and your kidding me? teh above utility will do all 500 megs of my pics in 30 seconds... and that is converting and saving the smaller copies....

Eric_Shea
What size do you recommend ?

800 x 600 works with most every monitor out there... prefectly.

I'm a fan of PixResizer. Google it. It's free and it rocks. You can resize single images or entire folders.
Spoke
I just use Paint which comes with Windows. Edit pic, goto Image>Stretch & Skew, choose 25% (for my camera's pics), hit ok and save.

Spoke
Aaron Cox
im also a fan of 800x600

AA
Eric_Shea
(aren't ya gonna ask him how much for the wheels?) lol3.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 1 2006, 12:52 PM) *

(aren't ya gonna ask him how much for the wheels?) lol3.gif

i sold him those..... biggrin.gif
neo914-6

and your kidding me? teh above utility will do all 500 megs of my pics in 30 seconds... and that is converting and saving the smaller copies....

Like Toast said, not everyone has XP. It's not just time in downsizing, it's cropping, lightening, etc...
chunger
I use mac. . .

I've been using iphoto. I go share ---> export ------> file.

Then, I set image size to 640x480 pixels. I can select in batches, and it's pretty painless.

Or use photoshop's "save for web" feature. Photobucket messes with the image quality when it automatically reduces image sizes confused24.gif

-'Chung
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(terrymason @ May 1 2006, 03:15 PM) *

I'm a big fan of http://imageshack.us/ They host your photo, and will give you a thumbnail (they code everything for you) that you can post.

I like Flickr over Imageshack. On larger forums Imageshack will quickly exceed bandwith. Flickr does not. Also, using a linking service like Flickr saves Brads badwidth for 914world.com. And, it auto sizes your images for you. And its free. All around, a great service.

Just for the bandwidth issue alone, many forums require images to be hosted elsewhere. I am kinda surprised that the same is not here.

www.flickr.com

Zach
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.