Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel hose between fuel lines and tank
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hammy
I installed my SS fuel lines today and they went in surprisingly very easy.

My question is regarding the hose that connects the lines in the tunnel to the lines that stick out of the bottom of the tank.

Do I just simply clamp 8 inches or so of hose between the tunnel lines and tank lines and then slowly lower the tank in? How do I prevent the lines from kinking? Any more info I need to know?

This is how i currently have it...
Midtowner
I remember reading an earlier thread on fuel lines that addresses this problem. smile.gif
Midtowner
QUOTE(william harris @ Mar 25 2006, 03:10 PM) *

It is much easier to remove the fuel tank if you remove the filler neck and charcoal filter box first. This allows you to remove the tank with the hood on the car with no clearance problems. You have to take off the filler neck to remove the wires to the fuel gauge anyway. I took mine in and out many times recently as I was reassembling the car. I took the tank to a radiator shop and had them flush it out. Be sure and remove hard fuel lines at bottom of tank first, one has a wire mesh sock as a filter attached. Make sure when they are reattached to orient in towards car. I attached the hoses to the firewall first and then after lowering tank attached the hoses to the hard lines out of the tank. While a PITA, it works and allows a relatively short hose connection. I have heard people say they connected the hoses with the tank not installed, kinda perched on the firewall between the front trunk, but this leaves a 2 foot long hose that you have to wind up and try to tuck out of the way. I did not like this approach. To tighten clamps from below, I got a 1/4 socket with a screw driver tip and this worked very well with a 1/4 drive. The access hole and dimensions are very tight. Good Luck. beer.gif

Perhaps this might help. Taken from a previous thread. smile.gif
Dave_Darling
I just sit the tank down in there, and then deal with the hoses through that ~6" round hole you can see in your photo. You have to take off the steering rack cover to get at it, and you'll make up quite a few new swear words getting the hoses onto the fittings... (Especially if you forget to put a hose clamp on the hose FIRST!!) But it is quite possible to do!

--DD
Hammy
Thanks Erik and DD. Exactly the info I needed. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.