Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 7.5" wide wheels?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hybrid_Teener
Anyone know any 7.5" wide wheels that fit porsche 5-lug? or does someone fix hubs that fit the new VW stuff.. how much does it cost.. mueller..??

I know touareg (sp) wheels are 17x 7.5".. anyone try putting those on your car with any success?? I'll be running a spacer I guess.. 7.5 isn't nearly wide enough under the flares!

Also, what do you PCA guys run for wheels? Stock is 5.5 so I figure it would be most useful points-wise to have a x.5" wide wheel so you don't get 50 more points added for the extra half inch.. anyways...

Tanks!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Hybrid_Teener @ May 1 2006, 08:21 AM) *

Also, what do you PCA guys run for wheels?

i run 7" cookie cutters under GT flares. i don't need much spacers ...
biggrin.gif Andy
Hybrid_Teener
ohmy.gif those are huge slicks on them wheels
SirAndy
QUOTE(Hybrid_Teener @ May 1 2006, 10:23 AM) *

ohmy.gif those are huge slicks on them wheels

15 x 9" GoodYear R250 to be exact. they measure over 10" at the patch but are build to fit a 7" rim. super stiff sidewalls. schtick like glue ...

you'll get bumped for the schlicks, but *no* penalty for the wheels as you stay within the limits.

driving.gif Andy
Hybrid_Teener
I guess you need it. With that 3.6 o_O

Do they make street tires that do that...??
SirAndy
QUOTE(Hybrid_Teener @ May 1 2006, 11:04 AM) *

I guess you need it. With that 3.6 o_O

Do they make street tires that do that...??

actually, i'm still running the stock 1.7L. the 3.6L is on hold until i get my tub straightened out.

i've never seen street tires like that. i do run 7" cookies on the street as well, but for the street i need quite a lot of spacers ...

street: 1 1/4" spacers in the front, 1 1/2" spacers in the rear.
beerchug.gif Andy

IPB Image
Mueller
do you want to run DOT tires or slicks?

those 17x7.5 rims are going to be heavy, a 15x7 combo will be lighter and better for auto-x...do the touregs share the VW or Porsche bolt pattern?

for the new VW stuff, you'd need adapters and as far I know nobody has them standard to they'd have be custom (and 4 to 5 adapters not allowed in the local PCA but some people have run them without raising the black flag)...4 to 4 and 5 to 5 are okay.

what is the ultimate tire size you want to run?

grantsfo
PCA in Northern California has changed its classification system. Wheel widths are assigned incremental penalties as are different tire types.

I run 9" rears and 8 " front wheels and take a fairly big hit on points in the local PCA classification scheme. Racing slicks get much higher penalty than DOT R compound tires and street tires have smallest penalty. Tire width isnt considered.

You can class your car using this sytem at the following link:

http://comp.pca-ggr.org/rulcomm_cs/web/index.php

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.