Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Calling all (or at least one) Photoshop Genius
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
db9146
I am helping my son with a project and need some Photoshop help with a wheel photo. I am trying to change the background behind the wheel to black so that when we print it and cut it out, it looks sort of like it would on a car. Since we are going to print it out on about a 6 to 8" diameter, the res. needs to be pretty good.

A Photoshop color change sure seems like it would be a lot easier that "painting" all that area.

Any takers? Please?

See attached photo
Rand
Just had time for quick & dirty.
lotus_65
well, there's no way around isolating the background from the wheel. that will involve work that likely includes painting or airbrushing because of the relative lack of contrast in the image.

there are lot's of tricks, but the quality of your masking will have a substantial impact on the finished product. pm me w/your phone number if you want some hints.

l8r
pfb
fitsbain
Here is mine done when the boss wasn't looking.

Click to view attachment
cooltimes
Just a thought.
Randy version looks like best so far but why not just use your own photo, cut out what you don't want by hand with scissors and then scan as a photo what you have left. The scanned photo will be in very high resolution ( at least it would be using my scanner).
db9146
Oh yes!!!!

Thanks guys. Just in time. I can print them out at lunch!!!!

Wonderful!!

I'll post pics when we are finished!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.