Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fresh air blower
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thesey914
Just been installing my fresh air blower after paint. Its been ages since I took this out but here's my problem...
When the fan is off the cable that is attached is extended to maximum length which opens the vents in the blower housing....conversely when the fan is set to maximum the cable pulls the vents closed which blocks off the air supply and that can't be right.
The cable has a riveted on support meaning it can only run one way.

Anyone encountered this before and can point out where I'm making my bloomer? confused24.gif
jr91472
You're right, that sounds backwards to me. Did you take the blower assy apart while it was out of the car?

I replaced my blower about a year ago and it seemed to go right in. Can't recall any thing really tricky about it.

sorry, not much help.
thesey914
well it's wired up correctly becasue fan speed is highest when pushed fully to the right (position 3).
Its the cable/vent assembly that is baffeling me at present. wacko.gif
tyler
Make sure the cable you're hooking up is from the "blue" on the control face it should open the center air box vent when you move it all the way to the right.
The other two go to the left and right "defroster boxes" and control hot ait from the rear and cabin outlet vs defroster. It sound like you may have the wrong cable.
SirAndy
agree.gif sounds like you got the cables mixed up. i marked mine before i took the assembly apart.

smile.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.