Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone collect 1/64 scale 914's...?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sherman1
I recently snagged these really cool 1/64 scale miniature 914's off eBay, and thought I'd share them with the Crowd here, and to see if anyone else has seen any of these like this...

The White 914 is Tyco slot-car from early 1970's. I took it to a local hobby shop, and they tested it for me - still runs like a champ on their track. They tell me it's a rare one with some considerable value.

The Blue 914 is a Playart version, and I've never seen one of these before, but I'll be looking out for them now.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Cheers!
Ken

driving.gif

msglaigaie
Very nice. They look good in that size. I like the white racing slicks. I have found a few in a size just a bit bigger. MSG L

msglaigaie
pics fell off (Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload a file with that file extension.) I'll figure it out in time. MSG L
skline
I know Joe Buckle has a red one that I gave him a few years back. I think he gave it to his kids though. When I bought it for him, I thought it was larger as it was about $60 delivered. I was a little dissapointed when it arrived and was no bigger than a matchbox car. confused24.gif
sherman1
QUOTE(msglaigaie @ May 1 2006, 10:29 AM) *

pics fell off (Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload a file with that file extension.) I'll figure it out in time. MSG L

I've found that the best way to upload pics, is to already have them located in your desktop, My Documents/My Photos.... then click here on "Browse" to that file & click "Add this Attachment".... works like a charm.

km
Gustl
this could be a nice start for a teener scale model collection ...

about 6 years ago a friend brought me a 1/43 teener as birthday present
it was the green DetailCars model which looked very similar to my "big" teener
from then on I started to look for other scale models

today my collection consists of about 150 different ones ... and there're still lots of 'em missing wacko.gif

rolleyes.gif Gustl
sherman1
QUOTE(Gustl @ May 1 2006, 11:38 AM) *

today my collection consists of about 150 different ones ...

Are any of yours like these little guys I posted above?

km
JeffBowlsby
Wolfgang, I have lost the link to that great 914 toy car site...in europe somewhere. Surely you know where it is...can you post it here?
sherman1
QUOTE(skline @ May 1 2006, 10:45 AM) *

When I bought it for him, I thought it was larger as it was about $60 delivered. I was a little dissapointed when it arrived and was no bigger than a matchbox car.

You would probably be very surprised to know what Big Bucks these little gems bring... often into the hundreds or thousands of dollars, especially for the likes of early releases of Hotwheels & Matchbox cars, especially in mint condition...

Fortunately, these Tyco & Playart 914s weren't as drastic, but it's unreal sometimes what the market will pay.

Gustl
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ May 1 2006, 09:12 PM) *

Wolfgang, I have lost the link to that great 914 toy car site...in europe somewhere. Surely you know where it is...can you post it here?

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Toni's collection, shown at the 914 Freunde Bayern Homepage idea.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
Gustl
QUOTE(sherman1 @ May 1 2006, 09:04 PM) *

Are any of yours like these little guys I posted above?

sure cool.gif

I've the Tyco Pro mint in box (the cube, incl. the Tyco program overview) and a couple of these Playart teeners in different colours and boxes
although ... I don't have the blue one dry.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
sherman1
WOW!!

shocked[1].gif

Now that is very cool!

I wonder if any of those are for sale, or is it for Show only...?
sherman1
QUOTE(Gustl @ May 1 2006, 02:29 PM) *

[
I've the Tyco Pro mint in box (the cube, incl. the Tyco program overview)

Yes, mine also has the clear cube for display. Pretty cool!

markb
I collect the 1:43 size. I do have the Tyco one, tho.
effutuo101
Porsche just came out with the Police line. They have 2 911 and 2 914's in german colors. Pretty cool. They are not this small, but fun.
racerbvd
Here is one in front of my dealership
Gustl
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ May 2 2006, 08:30 AM) *

Porsche just came out with the Police line. They have 2 911 and 2 914's in german colors. Pretty cool. They are not this small, but fun.

little mistake:

IPB Image

1965 - 356 C Cabriolet
1971 - 914/4
1979 - 911 T 2.4
1996 - 911 Carrera 3.6

Set of four historic Porsche police cars of the German Autobahn Police.
The 993 model was the 1,000,000th Porsche ever built!
Limited edition of 5,000 sets worldwide.
1:43 scale.

wavey.gif Gustl
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Gustl @ May 2 2006, 09:57 AM) *

QUOTE(effutuo101 @ May 2 2006, 08:30 AM) *

little mistake:

IPB Image

1965 - 356 C Cabriolet
1971 - 914/4
1979 - 911 T 2.4
1996 - 911 Carrera 3.6

Set of four historic Porsche police cars of the German Autobahn Police.
The 993 model was the 1,000,000th Porsche ever built!
Limited edition of 5,000 sets worldwide.
1:43 scale.

wavey.gif Gustl

Not cheap but I just order a set blink.gif Don't tell my wife thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.