Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield installation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot_Cannon
A few people at the G&R swap meet asked where I go my new windshield installed. If you PM me I'll send you the name and number of the folks that did the installation. Which brings up a question. Is there a policy about posting phone numbers of businesses on this forum? Is that a no no or OK with everyone?
Cheers, Elliot
7TPorsh
I wasn't there, but would be interested too. Any pics?
spunone
Go ahead and show then what can they do ?? Make you an administrator
914-8
I can't see why it would be bad for members to post the names and numbers of good suppliers, installers, etc.

As long as the poster isn't trying to run a business through the website. Referrals to good people are good.

BTW, I have a great windshield installer here in OC, I've used for 10 years. He's installed windshields in just about every car I've owned in the past decade. He mostly works for the local bodyshops, but his pricing is the same if he comes out to you. So basically, you are getting "wholesale" pricing.

For example, he came to my house, removed my 914 windshield while I was getting my car ready for paint. After the car was done, he came back, installed a new windshield. Total cost for the two trips, labor to remove and reinstall, and for the new windshield, was $175.

I'd be happy to post his name and number for the OC people, let me know if it's ok.
swood
I'd like to get both contacts PM'd to me. I'll need a windshield. I just popped my cracked one out yesterday.
Elliot_Cannon
I had my windshield done by
Super Low Price Auto Glass located in Lake Forest California. You can reach them at 949 707 1200. It was a chinese made windshield with tinting on the top. Total installed with plain rubber seal was $165.
Cheers, Elliot
Mueller
I'm sure the companies would like some free advertising...I see nothing wrong with it.....normally just private info is frowned upon....that is a killer price...chinese made??? really?? I wouldn't think the volume would be enough ....
914-8
My guy is RJ, at 714 292-5811.

The good news for the Jackstand Krew is that he'll come to your house!

He's a really good guy, works by himself, been doing windshields forever. He is very familar with the 914 windshield (all Porsches, actually).
neo914-6
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 1 2006, 11:46 AM) *

I had my windshield done by
Super Low Price Auto Glass located in Lake Forest California. You can reach them at 949 707 1200. It was a chinese made windshield with tinting on the top. Total installed with plain rubber seal was $165.
Cheers, Elliot

Great price, the lowest I could find here in the Bay Area is $250 tax included...

Eric_Shea
Will he come to my house? biggrin.gif
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 1 2006, 11:59 AM) *

Will he come to my house? biggrin.gif

I asked and he said he would come but requires that you provide him with a first class ticket and a tour of all the topless bars in Salt Lake City. laugh.gif
Elliot
Elliot_Cannon
Here are some lousy pics of the windshield and seal.
Eric_Shea
a tour of all the topless bars in Salt Lake City

Both of them? confused24.gif

How'z about I offer up a wife or two?
jim_hoyland
Is RJ ----Rufino ? If so, he's done my car 4 - 5 times over the years and a very competent 914 windshield installer.
swood
Looks like he painted the inside inch or so black. That's a great deal!! I'm stoked to find this out!
914-8
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 1 2006, 01:33 PM) *

Is RJ ----Rufino ? If so, he's done my car 4 - 5 times over the years and a very competent 914 windshield installer.

Yup! He's very good with 914s and 911s.
lagunero
QUOTE(spunone @ May 1 2006, 11:03 AM) *

Go ahead and show then what can they do ?? Make you an administrator

chairfall.gif
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE(swood @ May 1 2006, 02:24 PM) *

Looks like he painted the inside inch or so black. That's a great deal!! I'm stoked to find this out!

That's not really paint but a primer that they use on the glass and the frame. He masked it off and painted the primer on, so it looks good and is functional also.
Elliot
7TPorsh
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 1 2006, 12:29 PM) *

a tour of all the topless bars in Salt Lake City

Both of them? confused24.gif

How'z about I offer up a wife or two?

av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.