Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Misc. questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
swood
A couple questions...when I get a new dashpad say from Lagunero, is it just the front piece? Do I need to get vinyl to match the back piece that goes up to the vents? And is it easiest to R&R the dash with the windshield out? (Finally got it out. It was barely even stuck on)
swood
Should I leave this seal on for paint? It doesn't look bad, but I bet it'll fall apart if I take it out. So far half the seals seem ok, the other half are bad fer sure.
swood
How about the pad at the inside top of the windshield? It seems intact, but I can tell the foam padding has a bit of water damage from the glass being loose. From the inside the pad looks perfect.
swood
icon_bump.gif
Lou W
Are you doing a color change? alot of your questions depends upon how far that you really want to go with a rebuild or just adding a nice paint job.
Lou W
QUOTE(swood @ May 1 2006, 11:22 AM) *

A couple questions...when I get a new dashpad say from Lagunero, is it just the front piece? Do I need to get vinyl to match the back piece that goes up to the vents? And is it easiest to R&R the dash with the windshield out? (Finally got it out. It was barely even stuck on)

The dash replacements that I've seen, were just the dashpad itself, the person that you're buying the dash from may have the sourse or material for the other area. smile.gif
swood
QUOTE(Lou W @ May 1 2006, 09:11 PM) *

Are you doing a color change? alot of your questions depends upon how far that you really want to go with a rebuild or just adding a nice paint job.

No color change. Keepin it stock Palma green metallic. It's just spiraling out of control. Every night I take more stuff off unpeeling this stinky onion. smash.gif

I know that I can replace every seal that is on there, but if I don't have to I won't bother.
RustyWa
Yea, Palma Green!! piratenanner.gif Not my car anymore, but still a cool color!

Chris Pincetich
"I know that I can replace every seal that is on there, but if I don't have to I won't bother." dry.gif

Carefull......you might not want to start rippin those seals off just yet. In fact, if you are thinking about getting new seals, price them, buy them, then have them in your hands before tearing the old one off. They can be very expensive, and that one that goes over the top of the windshield costs $250 and is not even made anymore - myself and about 50 people on this site are waiting patiently for a big$$$$ crap shoot to get more imported/made. Also, check in the "classics" section for an awesome step by step on dash replacement.! beerchug.gif
swood
QUOTE(RustyWa @ May 1 2006, 10:29 PM) *

Yea, Palma Green!! piratenanner.gif Not my car anymore, but still a cool color!

That is exactly what I want my car to look like when completed. That's always been one of my favorite shots too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.