Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Route 66 Classic Saturday Night Dinner
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
chowtime.gif At long last, here's the menu for the Saturday night dinner:

All selections include freshly baked Murphy's bread, garden salad, mashed potatoes, fresh vegetables and coffee, tea, milk or soft drink.

Fresh Sterling Salmon - Fresh seasonal salmon mesquite grilled and served with honey mustard sauce. $27.80

Rotisserie Chicken - Flame-roasted, fresh half chicken served with a marsala musroom sauce. $27.80

Prime Rib - Murphy's 10 oz signature slow roasted prime rib accompanied by rich Au jus and creamy horseradish sauce. $30.35

Prices include tax and gratuity.

We're doing this all on one check so please come prepared with cash or personal check to pay me at the dinner. Alcoholic beverages are done on your own and not run through the group tab.

***** To help me plan please PM or email me to confirm that you will be at the Saturday night dinner, how many in your party, and what you want to order. I don't think the menu choice needs to be firm so you can change your mind, but I'd like to have some idea ahead of time.
Flat VW
Put me down for the Veal, please, Ernie.

John:chow:
Howard
QUOTE(Flat VW @ May 1 2006, 03:46 PM) *

John:chow:

You only get the veal with paid track fees beerchug.gif
Are you coming up or just gonna sit home with your dumb ass in traction? poke.gif
ThinAir
QUOTE(Flat VW @ May 1 2006, 03:46 PM) *

Sure thing, John! All you have to do is show up on that nice green 914 of yours and you got it biggrin.gif
ThinAir
icon_bump.gif Gotta get this back to page 1. I've heard from 3 folks so far.
Toast
QUOTE(ThinAir914 @ May 1 2006, 03:35 PM) *

Fresh Sterling Salmon - Fresh seasonal salmon mesquite grilled and served with honey mustard sauce. $27.80

Rotisserie Chicken - Flame-roasted, fresh half chicken served with a marsala musroom sauce. $27.80

Prime Rib - Murphy's 10 oz signature slow roasted prime rib accompanied by rich Au jus and creamy horseradish sauce. $30.35

Prices include tax and gratuity.

Wow! blink.gif
Do these selections come with a full rack of ribs and a king lobster tail?
ThinAir
QUOTE(Toast @ May 2 2006, 08:08 AM) *

Wow! blink.gif

No. Murphy's is a somewhat upscale place. Some have expressed a preference for just such a place, but the decision was driven mostly by availability of a place for about 20 people. It turns out that we are in Prescott the same weekend as the graduation for Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and there were several places that were already booked because of that. Since no one nominated any places for us to go I had to do what I could utilizing whatever info I could dig up on my own without actually visiting Prescott.

P.S. - This is a stretch for me as well and more than I wanted to spend on dinner, but it turned out that there were few choices.
LvSteveH
QUOTE(Toast @ May 2 2006, 08:08 AM) *

Wow! blink.gif

Don't worry Toast, I'll buy ya dinner. It's the least I can do. beerchug.gif

Oh garçon, I'll have two prime ribs please (wife and I), and whatever Toast would like.
gregrobbins
Toast, I'll spring for you track fees. biggrin.gif

Unless Howard has it covered.
9magazine
Okay guys, this is tough as we have the exchange student and Brenda's nephews (5 and 7) just came on board for the weekend. A bit of a price tag, but should be worth it.

At this time I guess put us down for one chicken and two prime ribs.

Brian Minson
9 Magazine
http://www.9magazine.com
shoguneagle
I wish I had not committed to the annual Seligman-Oatman Route 66 fun run on the same weekend. I would definitely go on this one eventhough my 914 is a long way from being in any shape to run. I am glad I live in Flagstaff where I can at least take part in Friday night activities.

I think all the people going on this "adventure" will have a great time.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone on Friday night. If you have a chance, attend this event. The menu looks great. The people responsible have gone out and planned an excellent event.

Please, if you have a chance, attend this event and participate.

Steve N Sandy Hurt
gregrobbins
icon_bump.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.