Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Outer window squeegees stick to the window
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Doug Leggins
I replaced the outer squeegees and cleaned the windows really well. Now when I roll down the window the squeegees stick to the windows and want to roll into the door. confused24.gif They make it a PITA to roll down the windows. Anyone else have this issue after replacing the squeegees? What should I try to get the windows to work properly?
Allan
Maybe a little talc?
rhodyguy
perhaps a smear of glycerine on the squeegees, let it penetrate a bit and wipe off the excess.

k
retrotech
I just had the same issue, but with my original rubber. Everything was fine, I removed the window, and when I replaced it, it sucked the rubber down every time. I adjusted the window so it barely touched, took the window in and out, cleaned the window several times. What ever it was, after sitting over night, something changed, works fine now. Walk away from it for a day. I was ready to throw the window in the trash!
sherman1
QUOTE(retrotech @ May 1 2006, 04:28 PM) *

What ever it was, after sitting over night, something changed, works fine now. Walk away from it for a day.

Yep, that's usually how it works.
Let it sit for a day or two, with the window all the way up & the rubber will kind of mold to the new shape.

thumb3d.gif
bondo
Rain-X makes glass super slick.. maybe that would help?
davesprinkle
I had the same trouble with new squeegees. Solved it with a coat of turtle wax on the glass.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.