Trekkor
Nathan and Demick were awesome on there brand new a/x tires. clap56.gif

Even with the broken mount I was a force to be reckoned with. chairfall.gif

Results

KT
J P Stein
It looks like Mr. Reitmier is an SCCA guy. biggrin.gif
nine14cats
Mr. Reitmeir built Steve Nieslony's car and kicked national SCCA butt with it many years ago..... burnout.gif

He can build fast cars...Porsche or BMW.

A few years ago he came out with a prepped SCCA BMW sedan class car and basically put it on the top of an AX. Then he got in it and drove it home with the a/c on!

Bill P.
Joseph Mills
I looked at the time sheet. Dang! Look at all those expensive rides below the NARPS! biggrin.gif

That must hurt...

Good job guys! beerchug.gif

Mueller
QUOTE(Joseph Mills @ May 1 2006, 04:59 PM) *

I looked at the time sheet. Dang! Look at all those expensive rides below the NARPS! biggrin.gif

That must hurt...

Good job guys! beerchug.gif

and to top it off, Nathan and Demick don't need /6 motors driving.gif
Trekkor
don't need /6 motors

Their motor's are bigger than mine...
SirAndy
QUOTE(trekkor @ May 1 2006, 05:21 PM) *

don't need /6 motors

Their motor's are bigger than mine...

what else you got on your "Excuses" post-it that's glued to the side of your monitor?

av-943.gif Andy
Trekkor
It's secret... naughty.gif
SirAndy
#38, oh well ... rolleyes.gif

i've beat a 996 Turbo. and 3 Cayman S ...

but most importantly, switch to "Class" view and enjoy!

Driver: Schmidt, Andy
Class: AX02
Classpoints: 20/20

at that rate, bill is going to have to step it up a notch, otherwise, i'm bringing home the trophy this year!
smilie_pokal.gif Andy
Mueller
yep...I'm sure that extra 56cc's has got to be the secret ingredient biggrin.gif
nine14cats
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 1 2006, 05:32 PM) *

#38, oh well ... rolleyes.gif

i've beat a 996 Turbo. and 3 Cayman S ...

but most importantly, switch to "Class" view and enjoy!

Driver: Schmidt, Andy
Class: AX02
Classpoints: 20/20

at that rate, bill is going to have to step it up a notch, otherwise, i'm bringing home the trophy this year!
smilie_pokal.gif Andy

happy11.gif Now that's what I'm talking about!!!! Let the bench racing begin.... driving.gif

Ahem...will you mid-engine folks be at the next Alameda event? I plan on being there if no one breaks into my truck....then we'll see how we match up....

Bill P.
SirAndy
QUOTE(nine14cats @ May 1 2006, 05:35 PM) *

plan on being there if no one breaks into my truck....then we'll see how we match up....

ah craps, do i have to hire those crooks *again* ???

cool_shades.gif Andy
Trekkor
Actually...It was a whopping 65cc's of power I had to deal with. lol3.gif

( big differance ) help.gif

KT
nebreitling
Reitmeir's car was nicely prepped, and quite expertly driven. i'm only getting good enough to know that i have a lot more to learn, my time at the kart track has taught me that.

saturday morning was literally the first time i had driven the car in over 5months. my first run of the day was my test spin to see if everything held together, as i had spent every evening until midnight the week before putting the damn thing together. there's another few tenths in the car with an LSD installed, but i don't have the funds for that at this point... lacking that, i'm gonna rethink my set-up to try to keep the power planted. turn-in and mid-corner is great, but i'm losing time at corner exit.

in anycase, it shows what you can do with a $2500 engine and a fresh set of 205/50's!
nebreitling
QUOTE(trekkor @ May 1 2006, 05:40 PM) *

KT

Trek, just say the word and I'd be happy to trade motors with you.
Joseph Mills
[quote name='Mueller' date='May 1 2006, 07:04 PM' post='672504']
[/quote]

[/quote]

ohmy.gif

White courtesy phone for Mr. Stein...

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

grantsfo
QUOTE(nebreitling @ May 1 2006, 05:45 PM) *

QUOTE(trekkor @ May 1 2006, 05:40 PM) *

KT

Trek, just say the word and I'd be happy to trade motors with you.

I know a certain 2.4 liter car thats ready to make you work for your next 914 sweep. happy11.gif All sorting will be complete this week and I have figured out six driving dynamics too. And when sticky tires replace the Victoracers. ....hmmmmm

Can you imagine the tail dragger carnage when Andrew, Steve and the rest of us show up on the same day to a GGR event. clap56.gif
DanT
4 914s in the top 11 cars overall....and aren't they all on those massive 205 tires? chairfall.gif

Just think about how good they would be using sticky tires nearly as large as those 996s and 993s.

I am starting to look into a motor rebuild...cost of parts and how big do I want to go. Will be staying 4 cylinder and would like to retain FI....guess that means a mild 2056.
Demick, how tough has it been to get the FI to cooperate with your new rebuild?
grantsfo
QUOTE(J P Stein @ May 1 2006, 04:38 PM) *

It looks like Mr. Reitmier is an SCCA guy. biggrin.gif

...News flash! Many Zone 7 drivers are SCCA guys and gals. Thats what makes our events so good.

oh yeah dead horse.gif
nebreitling

I know a certain 2.4 liter car thats ready to make you work for your next 914 sweep. happy11.gif All sorting will be complete this week and I have figured out six driving dynamics too. And when sticky tires replace the Victoracers. ....hmmmmm

that's fine, grant. seeing as you have 2 classes, wider tires, and about 60 hp on me, i'll go ahead and drive with both hands next time. beerchug.gif

Dan, if you're gonna use 96mm jugs than get your cam from Jake and you'll be ready to go with just a bit of mps tweak. or just buy jason's motor and be done with it.

yes, we've got our share of scca folks. i'd run scca if i didn't mind spending all day for 3 runs.
Trekkor
BTW, Nathan runs Webers... mueba.gif

KT naughty.gif
Demick
Nice finish Nathan! 2nd overall is amazing! My 4th overall isn't too shabby for a 32 year old, 100hp VW biggrin.gif

Dan: getting the 2056 to work with d-jet mainly requires a very mild cam. But as far as tweaking the F.I., I just worked with the MPS a bit. I did use an Innovate Motorsports LM-1 WB O2 sensor to be able to make meaningful changes. But if you want to make some power - djet is not the way to go.

SO.... WHO'S UP FOR A REMATCH?? 2 weeks from now at Alameda. I don't have anything for Nathan. But Trekkor might give me a run for my money if he can keep the engine in his car....... I keep hearing about how great these sixes are....but I didn't see one in the top 7.... bootyshake.gif

Demick
grantsfo
QUOTE(nebreitling @ May 1 2006, 07:26 PM) *

that's fine, grant. seeing as you have 2 classes, wider tires, and about 60 hp on me, i'll go ahead and drive with both hands next time. beerchug.gif

If you drive with both hands I'm going to get serious and take the top off the car next time. biggrin.gif I cant stand to be beat by 90 hp Volkswagens with skinny tires.
Trekkor
I can't make this next a/x at Alameda, however I extend the invite to all who would like to come run at Santa Rosa on the 6th.

they are repairing the asphalt on wednesday.

KT
nebreitling

If you drive with both hands I'm going to get serious and take the top off the car next time. biggrin.gif I cant stand to be beat by 90 hp Volkswagens with skinny tires.

lfmao... i THINK i'm down for santa rosa next w/e, need to sort a few things in the car. trek -- are they repaving the whole thing? that's a fun place, more like a road course than an AX.
Trekkor
Patching. Filling...a few jumps. That kind of stuff.

KT
jhadler
QUOTE(nine14cats @ May 1 2006, 03:57 PM) *

Mr. Reitmeir built Steve Nieslony's car and kicked national SCCA butt with it many years ago..... burnout.gif

A few years ago he came out with a prepped SCCA BMW sedan class car and basically put it on the top of an AX. Then he got in it and drove it home with the a/c on!

Bill P.

Uh, yeah... The Reitmier family has a host of national championships between them. Jeff, his wife Stacey, and his sister Michelle. yeah, they're -all- amazingly fast. And a number of those wins are in 914's... If I recall, I think each of them has won a National Championship behind the wheel of a 914...

Oh, that Bimmer. Yeah, we drove against him in that car a few years ago in Topeka. That car was REALLY well prepped for Street Mod. The aftermarket traction control definitely was a nice touch. Especially since it was pouring wet the first day. We all wondered how he could go through a slalom flat out in the wet. He just kept his foot in it, and let the computer adjust the brakes to compensate. Pretty slick number. Yeah, Jeff won that year, but Bob T. served 'em all up a slice of humber pie on day two... Wasn't enough for the win, but it pulled him from 10th to 2nd...

But that car is nothing compared to the BEAST that Vic Sias is running in SM now. Man, that's a wicked fast car. Bob's has grown mighty scary fast too. Topeka this year should be interesting... SM has definitely become the class of E36 Bimmers...

Man, I miss running out there... SFR was a great region to run in. But the Colorado Region is pretty good too. Maybe...dare I say...better? biggrin.gif Well, at least we don't have to contend with 300 drivers per event...

The best thing about running out there, was that there was AT LEAST one autox per weekend all summer long. Between SCCA, PCA, Corvette Club, and a couple others, (Not to mention "The Duel"). There was always someplace to go to burn a few extra tires off...

-Josh2
nebreitling

Uh, yeah... The Reitmier family has a host of national championships between them. Jeff, his wife Stacey, and his sister Michelle. yeah, they're -all- amazingly fast.

cool -- not feeling quite so sore about getting whipped up on by 924 then...
SirAndy
QUOTE(nebreitling @ May 1 2006, 09:56 PM) *

and a well prepared one at that. that thing had a few $$$ in it ...

i'll be in santa rosa. bent tub and all ...
driving.gif Andy
grantsfo
QUOTE(jhadler @ May 1 2006, 09:45 PM) *

But that car is nothing compared to the BEAST that Vic Sias is running in SM now. Man, that's a wicked fast car. Bob's has grown mighty scary fast too. Topeka this year should be interesting... SM has definitely become the class of E36 Bimmers...

That yellow M3 in his garage looks scary fast.
SirAndy

But that car is nothing compared to the BEAST that Vic Sias is running in SM now.

haven't seen him in a long time. he used to hang out in the palo alto shop all the time.

his 240Z (trixie) is a schweet ride ...
http://www.siastuning.com/bspzcar.htm

here's a pic of trixie on the left and my car on the right. i believe the black car inbetween is richard's old 914-6 ...

gawd, i miss that shop ...
rolleyes.gif Andy
J P Stein
I often run against a stinkin' fast 2.8L 240Z.
I'm prolly a bit lighter & have a bit more tiar, but he has about 80hp on me
and can drive. The results are predictable.Click to view attachment
Steve_7x
Good job guys!

Yes Jeff and his Dad originally built my car and ran it for many years. I put a lot into the car, but the basic pieces (suspension, engine etc...) were done by them about 20 years ago.

I will not be at the next GGR even because SVR is having their next Autocross on 5/13 (same day as GGR). If anyone is interested in getting lots of runs come on out an visit us at the Stockton Fairgrounds.

Steve
jhadler
QUOTE(nebreitling @ May 1 2006, 08:56 PM) *

Uh, yeah... The Reitmier family has a host of national championships between them. Jeff, his wife Stacey, and his sister Michelle. yeah, they're -all- amazingly fast.

Nathan, don't feel bad, he probably could have whooped up on the entire field in a shopping cart... (I need a racing shopping cart smiley here...)

-Josh2
jhadler
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 1 2006, 09:16 PM) *

But that car is nothing compared to the BEAST that Vic Sias is running in SM now.

haven't seen him in a long time. he used to hang out in the palo alto shop all the time.

his 240Z (trixie) is a schweet ride ...
http://www.siastuning.com/bspzcar.htm

here's a pic of trixie on the left and my car on the right. i believe the black car inbetween is richard's old 914-6 ...

gawd, i miss that shop ...
rolleyes.gif Andy

Trixie was a hoot of a car to watch Vic drive... Vic had a trademark finishing style with that car (which, by the way, has also won Vic a National Championship, he's got a few...). He would often deliberately cross the finish lights backwards. Kindof a showoff move, but hey, he always won... biggrin.gif

Yeah, there's some heavy hitter talent in the SFR SCCA autox scene. If you want competition, you'd be hard pressed to find many other places that offer it at that level...

-Josh2
jhadler
QUOTE(J P Stein @ May 1 2006, 09:38 PM) *

and can drive. The results are predictable.

What, he's winning 'cause he has a meager 80hp advantage? Or that he's outdrivin' ya? Remeber, he's stuck with a live rear axle...

-Josh2
Joe Ricard

[/quote]

chairfall.gif laugh.gif av-943.gif w00t.gif

Nathan and Demick Rock on guys.. thumb3d.gif
Randal
QUOTE(nine14cats @ May 1 2006, 04:57 PM) *

Bill P.

I don't think I will ever forget Jeff driving that (blown) BMW down at the Marina, getting ready to go to the SCCA Nationals.

That car was huge, as compared to anything I had ever seen autoxing, but Jeff had it set up right and it handled; I mean really handled!

He just attacked that course. w00t.gif Truly amazing to watch.

grantsfo
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ May 2 2006, 09:30 AM) *

If one is looking to build a fast dedicated AX 914, a fast 4 is almost always a better choice over a 6 due to weight savings. Frankly I'd prefer driving a fast light car like Nathans in AX over my now heavier six cylinder car.

I think the more impressive aspect of Nathans near win was that he was setting these times on skinny 205/50/15 Kuhmo 710's on 6.5" wheels.

Didnt the 924 have racing slicks?
J P Stein
QUOTE(jhadler @ May 2 2006, 09:20 AM) *

QUOTE(J P Stein @ May 1 2006, 09:38 PM) *

and can drive. The results are predictable.

What, he's winning 'cause he has a meager 80hp advantage? Or that he's outdrivin' ya? Remeber, he's stuck with a live rear axle...

-Josh2

I do beat his 16 year old grand daughter when she is driving it.....but she's closing in biggrin.gif
He's another of those no talent brew town drivers.....but he formerly lived in No CA....proving Grant's point....WeverTF that was. blink.gif
jhadler
JP, Is Tom Kotzian still running out there? Or has he hung up the spurs? I haven't heard his name lately... There's another one of those trully talented drivers...

-Josh2
J P Stein
QUOTE(jhadler @ May 2 2006, 10:41 AM) *

JP, Is Tom Kotzian still running out there? Or has he hung up the spurs? I haven't heard his name lately... There's another one of those trully talented drivers...

-Josh2

He took TTOD at last Sunday's PCA AX in his Zought6.
In April at the tour event at Qualcom, he won SS then Pro Solo.
Very much alive & AXing......hell of a nice guy to boot.....course I'm a bit bias being an old fart also. biggrin.gif
jhadler
Good to hear. I really liked him. Is his daughter still AX'ing as well? She was a quick one. Humbled more than a few open class drivers....

-Josh2
Demick
If one is looking to build a fast dedicated AX 914, a fast 4 is almost always a better choice over a 6 due to weight savings.

That's not me. I've just got a regular old street car that I like to throw some sticky tires on for the weekend.....
DanT
QUOTE(grantsfo @ May 2 2006, 10:17 AM) *

QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ May 2 2006, 09:30 AM) *

If one is looking to build a fast dedicated AX 914, a fast 4 is almost always a better choice over a 6 due to weight savings. Frankly I'd prefer driving a fast light car like Nathans in AX over my now heavier six cylinder car.

I think the more impressive aspect of Nathans near win was that he was setting these times on skinny 205/50/15 Kuhmo 710's on 6.5" wheels.

No Grant, they are running Victoracers and Hoosier DOT Rs burnout.gif
nebreitling
[quote]

[/quote]

No Grant, they are running Victoracers and Hoosier DOT Rs burnout.gif
[/quote]

negative -- the 924s was on Hooosier canti slicks.
grantsfo
QUOTE(nebreitling @ May 2 2006, 07:38 PM) *

negative -- the 924s was on Hooosier canti slicks.

I though so based on pics that were posted. Nice job. You were not that far off the pace of a national caliber SCCA driver and car on slicks! Not bad for a 125 hp small bore 4 with skinny wheels and DOT tires. ...and wasnt that your first AX after 6 months of being out of that car?
J P Stein
What SCCA class is the 924 running?
If you can answer this I'll do another esoteric comparo. biggrin.gif
jhadler
QUOTE(J P Stein @ May 3 2006, 11:39 AM) *

What SCCA class is the 924 running?
If you can answer this I'll do another esoteric comparo. biggrin.gif

A quick look at the rules... seems like D-Prepared...

-Josh2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.