Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do you think "round" flares like these would work on a t
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
For some odd reason I think flares like these could work on the 914.......of course the tires would fill out the flares much better........

Click to view attachment
Katmanken
Just get yerself some beetle fenders and have at it with the welder....

Ken
Brian Mifsud
But then I got my glasses fixed........
Mugs914
Sump'in like this?

Fred French is the owner, I believe. Not sure if he's on the list...
Rand
There's no right answer. It's all a matter of taste. Personally, I don't think it fits the car.
grasshopper
QUOTE(Mugs914 @ May 1 2006, 05:50 PM) *

Sump'in like this?

Fred French is the owner, I believe. Not sure if he's on the list...

I remember seeing that car at WCC05...
Thack
I don't think it fits the 2002 either. The 914 is very angular with fairly straight lines comprising the majority of the body panels. The 914 flares has "flat" or straight part acroos the upper part of the flare to flow with the rest of the car. Someone went through many hours to design those factory flares to match the car.
Mugs914
QUOTE(Rand @ May 1 2006, 06:57 PM) *

There's no right answer. It's all a matter of taste. Personally, I don't think it fits the car.

agree.gif

I think the "bubble" type on the 2002 could look okay on a 914, but it would have to have that "race/rally car bunch o' stuff tacked on" look to it. You know, Jeep latches on the front and rear trunk lids, a bunch of Cibie lights on the bumper, running lights on the roof, and flares tacked on with rivets, cookie cutter megaphones, some Finnish guy driving...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.