Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jake Raby Engine build in HOT-VW's June 06 issue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Just picked up the latest issue of Hot-VW's June 2006 issue and Jake Raby has his first of two article's on Type-4 motors. Really great reading on pages #63-4-5-6 & pg.#122. The best news Porsche 914 & 914's are mentioned (8) times.

Thanks Jake you must like us 914 guys. Great article on the news stands now smilie_pokal.gif

Tom
TJB/914
Bump to our Type-4 hero
URY914
I'm stopping by a getting one after work today.
DNHunt
Jake's article is interesting. He will be driving that car with that engine to Sacramento over Memorial day for Bugorama. He will be doing a bunch of testing and dataloging on the trip so that should be interesting.

Several ads in the mag have 930 CV's adapted for type 1 use. I wonder if there might be a chance they could be adaptedfor our cars? They have whole axle assemblies available.

Dave
Jake Raby
Actually this is the first of a 3-4 part series...

The engine now has 3,500 miles on it in my test vehicle with all the datalogging equipment in place. I am making a gear ratio change for the cross country trip so I can run 82 MPH @ 3320 RPM!

Much, much more info on this build and the cross country trip will be available when we open up the newly updated website on Thursday!

The "Type 4 Torquer" is the strongest 2270 we have built to date for daily driving... 170 HP and 180 lb/ft of torque and it don't need to rev over 5,500 RPM!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.