Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel expansion tank
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stephen7
what happens? Is it just a safety deal or is there a vapor lock issue without it?

don't want to be a crispy critter - but anything no needed needs to go.

steve mueba.gif

Qarl
If you delete the expanion tank, the banana will get run over...

IPB Image
Eric_Shea
Oooooooooooo don't delete the tank then sad.gif

On the other puter I have a pic of mine off. Do a search. I swear the same title and all. Came up about a year ago...
stephen7
QUOTE(Qarl @ May 1 2006, 09:23 PM) *

If you delete the expanion tank, the banana will get run over...

IPB Image

Hows that again? huh.gif
Joseph Mills
I'm curious about this myself.

Can you "back date" to the earlier style and use the "saucer" under the cap, but not use the carbon container?

Make sense?

confused24.gif

SirAndy
QUOTE(Joseph Mills @ May 1 2006, 09:32 PM) *

Can you "back date" to the earlier style and use the "saucer" under the cap, but not use the carbon container?

huh? my '70 had the charcoal cannister. i don't think there ever was a 914 without it ...

i deleted the whole system. yes, do a search, there is a thread here somewhere with lots of pictures.

i simply slid the small vent hose inside the large plastic drain hose. now, with a full tank and hard cornering, i get some fuel smell as gas sloshes out the vent hose and down the drain and exits under the car.

no fuel smell otherwise, but my car is always parked outside, so i can't say for sure it wouldn't smell in a garage ...
cool_shades.gif Andy
SirAndy
all i got is a really fuzzy pic ... av-943.gif

Elliot_Cannon
Deleted mine a long time ago. Tossed the carbon cannister and the expansion tank. Ran the vent hose overboard, exits outside. No smell. Basically did the same thing Andy did. Works fine.
Elliot
So.Cal.914
Looks clean, I'm doing it. smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.