Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Portland AX Pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
Had a good day. 6 - 914's I think were racing under the sun. Dave Hunt, Gary Chapman, Jim Chambers, Trevor (I think was his name) Pam Chapman and JP. Britain drove Jp's car & ... well, I'll let JP explain!!! biggrin.gif

.....b
Bruce Allert
The rest of the story...

.......b
Bruce Allert
forgot some of the story! huh.gif

...b
effutuo101
cool pic's! keep em coming!
Joseph Mills
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ May 2 2006, 12:52 AM) *

Had a good day. 6 - 914's I think were racing under the sun. Dave Hunt, Gary Chapman, Jim Chambers, Trevor (I think was his name) Pam Chapman and JP. Britain drove Jp's car & ... well, I'll let JP explain!!! biggrin.gif

.....b

Does that blue car belong to Jim Chambers? That car used to be in Oklahoma City. Is it doing okay for him? I've got a bunch of photos of it if he would like to have them.

Trekkor
I like those pics. Thanks for the post.

KT
Porsche Rescue
Joseph, thanks but the black/yellow is mine. The blue car from OC belongs to Trevor Rice (Rough_Rider). I'm sure he would appreciate some pics.

Thanks for the great pics Bruce. If you'll trust me with your camera next time, I'll try to get some of your car. Or if you have some action shots on file, post 'em.........we appreciate diversity here.
Bruce Allert
Thanks guys.......

I have a whole bunch of pictures of this AX (150+)!

Jim, Next time I'll have you take pics with my camera whilst I'm out driving. I get very few pics of it. I still love yer car the best.

I missed the few spinouts we had. Got a lot of the tail draggers too.

.........b
jhadler
Wow, great pictures!

JP, that's one purty 914 you've got there...

-Josh2
Joe Ricard
JP's car says nuthin but business.
DNHunt
I missed the few spinouts we had. Got a lot of the tail draggers too.

Bruce

I had a beaut. On the sweeper on the west end of the course I mashed the throttle instead of rolling on and the backend let go. I tried to power through but I was toast so I left my foot in it and did a 360. Never missed a gate. I was inspired by the the NASCAR guys. I ended up with a clean run and a face full of tire smoke.

Dave

drgchapman
I had a great time breaking in my new car. That 3.2 has gobs of torque and horsepower. I need more tire. Spun in the sweeper 3 times of 6 runs. Maybe I should slow down a little................Naw.
Manged to be within a second of JP's sorted car.
Look out JP here I come.
J P Stein
QUOTE(drgchapman @ May 2 2006, 10:28 AM) *

I had a great time breaking in my new car. That 3.2 has gobs of torque and horsepower. I need more tire. Spun in the sweeper 3 times of 6 runs. Maybe I should slow down a little................Naw.
Manged to be within a second of JP's sorted car.
Look out JP here I come.

heh........even on the run I ended up stuck nose up against a cone, side ways in the finish lights I beat your best time. Having no reverse does have a few disadvantages. huh.gif
Porsche Rescue
Pretty cocky for an old guy JP. I'm in you guy's class but not your league (about 3 seconds back)!
jhadler
QUOTE(J P Stein @ May 2 2006, 09:55 AM) *

heh........even on the run I ended up stuck nose up against a cone, side ways in the finish lights I beat your best time. Having no reverse does have a few disadvantages. huh.gif

JP, with that much power, you don't need reverse. Just do a burnout, and flip the car aorund! biggrin.gif

Okay, there are definitely times when reverse is -usefull-...

-Josh2
drgchapman
JP's talking SMACK bootyshake.gif
Pretty cocky for an old guy............
I hope I'm as fast as you when I'm old smiley_notworthy.gif
J P Stein
Ok, so these young guys can beat me....sometimes.....but I can still out-bullshit em' cool_shades.gif
BKLA
I was there as a spectator and got a change to meet a few of you. Watched the first two passes - As I remember, the teeners and one lone WRX had the fastest times I observed. 40.07 for the WRX and 41.07 something for the yellow teener race car...

Does anyone know what the top time of the days was - and who was it?
Porsche Rescue
Don't have the exact times, but in the first group the order was Britain Smith (in JP's yellow 914-6), the WRX, then JP.

As for TTOD, in the second group a Corvette ZO6 driven by a fellow who is a past SCCA nat'l winner, beat Britain's time by about a second.

This season is going to be fun.
Bruce Allert
Hey, have any of you's gotten the time results. I need car numbers & names of drivers to go along with the photo submissions to the PCA Anzeiger Mag.

......b
Porsche Rescue
Not yet. Pamela usually emails them to the hard core. Not sure when or if they will be on the web site.
drgchapman
Times will be posted as soon as the second run group is straightened out. All the times are off by one line. Pamela is conversing with the software engineer to see if this can be done in the software as opposed to by hand.
Bruce Allert
Pamela is conversing with the software engineer to see if this can be done in the software as opposed to by hand.

Hope she uses the proper EXPLETIVES laugh.gif

........b
obaa996
I was working corner D for the first session; I witnessed all the spins. I have to say that Dave's was the best. We gave him a nice round of applause for that one. The loop by the black GT3 was the one that had us running for cover though; it was a bit eye-opening to see that thing slinging it's way towards us.
As for myself, I'm proud to stay I didn't loop it a single time, although I almost got very friendly with the guardrail.
J P Stein
There were 4-5 drivers in that first run group that had a shot at TTOD.
....or at least fast time for the group.
A couplethree 914 guys, a 9eleben, a Subie....Brit got it by about a second...but we had some fun beatin' on each other to that point.

The Z06 then came in the second run group & blew all of us into the weeds with a 37.4 (IIRC). Brit was at 38. sumthin'. Any time you can get within a second or so of Kotzian, you're doin' gud and that was only Brit's second AX in the car. The second run group is worth .5 sec....more as the ground heats up. If his haid don't get all swolt up and become aerodynamic drag, he'll do much better. biggrin.gif

I had a chance to sit in the sun & talk with Tom about our favorite sport (it's used to be our second favorite, but we're old now biggrin.gif ). We watched the first section of the course where we agreed all the time was to be had......then I shutup & listened while he went into the details of it. Educational, but I had already run.....damn.

Bruce Allert
I gotta say sumpin 'bout having a proper alignment...

I AX'd the Miata at this event and just had an aggressive auto cross type alignment put on it. Quite the difference it made from the first time I Ax'd the Miata. The first time a "Lightning" (pickup truck) beat me by 3-4 seconds... this time I beat it by 3-4 seconds.

So, get yer car aligned & notice the difference.

....b
J P Stein
I wuz watchin'.
You looked much more "confident" (that means faster) in that Miata than you ever did....including your 914 days. Butt time helps, me thinks. Jim Chambers raised his game too. I also think that having 6 runs helped in that you know that you can screw up and have chances to fix it......for some. Me? It gives me more time to over drive the car. mad.gif

Hay, nice pics....as usual.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(J P Stein @ May 3 2006, 09:21 AM) *

I wuz watchin'.
You looked much more "confident" (that means faster) in that Miata than you ever did....including your 914 days. Butt time helps, me thinks. Jim Chambers raised his game too. I also think that having 6 runs helped in that you know that you can screw up and have chances to fix it......for some. Me? It gives me more time to over drive the car. mad.gif

Hay, nice pics....as usual.

Thanks JP, encouragement helps a lot beer.gif Now I need to get the Koni shocks installed and the bigger sways and maybe, just maybe I'll get into beat'n Jim! (again) biggrin.gif I was glad to see I was within 1 sec. of the Spec Miata. Next time I'll pick Kotzians brain a bit too driving.gif

.......b

DNHunt
That sure was fun down there with you guys. See you at WCC. In the meantime I gonna corner balance and align.

Dave
J P Stein

Humm....a bit out of shape here...must be Britian driving laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.