Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My front suspension -pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chris Pincetich
First I got the front end up - practice pic post smile.gif
Chris Pincetich
Then I saw the damage: missing front gravel guard! (I am pretty sure it got left at the mehanic's shop after some other repair) and rusty front cross bar.
Chris Pincetich
Rusty master cylindr with a raised "20" visible on it
Chris Pincetich
My front swaybar mount: Weltmeister I think and looks good!
Chris Pincetich
Now for the questions:
1) Can you see the thin metal piece near the top of the wood block on my jack? It looks like the remains of something that was thin, metal, and rusted off. What was it???
2) Is the pitting of rust on the round cross member severe? Should I work on wire brushing it off, acid prep, and paint it? Maybe look for a replacement??
3) Same questions with the master cylinder: too much rust to buff out and keep it, or get a new one?
4) Can anyone confirm the sway bar is Weltmeister? Is the "22 mm" the width of the square end of the bar, or do I need to measure the OD of the actual bar inthe middle to ge the measurement ofr the size?

I have only been driving a month w/o the gravel cover - but a lot of that was in the rain. My car has rust issues - some fixed some monir and now this! dry.gif
No - I am not looking to go to a 5-lug suspension or anything like that. However, getting a bargain budget suspension set-up at the Parts Heaven swap then getting it all rebuilt and coated in my garage for a full swap would be interesting....any advice is greatly appreciated beerchug.gif
John
1) Can you see the thin metal piece near the top of the wood block on my jack? It looks like the remains of something that was thin, metal, and rusted off. What was it???

That is what remains of your gravel shield.

Should I work on wire brushing it off, acid prep, and paint it?

Yes

3) Same questions with the master cylinder: too much rust to buff out and keep it, or get a new one?

If it is not leaking, I wouldn't worry about the master cylinder. More importantly, how is your pedal cluster? That is something worth rebuilding/refinishing.

do I need to measure the OD of the actual bar inthe middle to ge the measurement ofr the size?

The round portion will be the same diameter as the middle. Yes, I believe it is a weltmeister.
Chris Pincetich
Thanks JOHNMAN! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.