Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mid America Motorworks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ty914
Buyer Beware…

I just received an email saying that the $1200 worth of stuff I ordered from Mid America Motorworks…that nothing is in stock and that they are sending me 1 item I was looking for. Very lame…. headbang.gif

Their web site is not up-to-date and shows everything instock…I called and cancelled the order…just what I expected…too bad so sad! sheeplove.gif

Maleah was nice on the phone wub.gif but nice does not put the parts in the hand…I am starting to feel a little better now. I don’t think they are worried about 914 orders and will no longer be stocking anything. So take them off of your list of places to look for stuff.

Anyone know where to get rubber seals for the entire car??? blowup.gif

Seacrest OUT!!!
markb
Dave at GPR. 1 800 321-5432 ext 502.
He can tell you what he has on the shelf, and what he has to order. He does not have the large windsheild seal.
STL914
There was an entire thread that I started quite a while ago about Mid-America Motorworks, AKA Tweeks, phasing out their Porsche parts stock.

If you ever watch Speed Channel on Sunday mornings, you may have noticed that they no longer advertise a Porsche catalog, only ones for Vette and VW.
ttwitc9516
Yeah,
I told the wife as soon as they left Indy the writing was probably on the wall. Damned shame too. Tweeks fest was never the same as it was in Indy. Anybody remember Mid-Engineering out of Daytona? Sure do miss them. Found one their old catalogs the other day. Sure had good prices. Oh well:(
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(ttwitc9516 @ May 2 2006, 06:24 PM) *

Anybody remember Mid-Engineering out of Daytona? Sure do miss them. Found one their old catalogs the other day. Sure had good prices. Oh well:(

I remember them - bought quite a few things back in the '80s there.
Also AJ Imports now AJ USA used to have lots of 914 stuff back then.
maf914
I found an old Electrodyne catalog a few months ago in some of my old stuff that had ended up at my mother's house. I ordered a bunch of 914 stuff from them back in the old days.

I also found an old news letter from Road Atlanta from the days when 935 Porsches ruled the IMSA series. Cool! laugh.gif
914rrr
QUOTE(ttwitc9516 @ May 2 2006, 02:24 PM) *

Yeah,
I told the wife as soon as they left Indy the writing was probably on the wall. Damned shame too. Tweeks fest was never the same as it was in Indy. Anybody remember Mid-Engineering out of Daytona? Sure do miss them. Found one their old catalogs the other day. Sure had good prices. Oh well:(

Yeah, I remember the Tweeks swap meet waaay back when it was at the old location. Free beer on tap the entire day!!!! beerchug.gif No way they could do that now. I met Brad from 914 Ltd the first year I went.
Qarl
To be honest, I had the same experience with Pelican Parts recently. Ordered about $600 worth of stuff online, all seemingly available according to their website.

Received an e-mail a couple days later that they didn't have them in stock and didn't know where to get them.

confused24.gif

So I ordered from Mittelmotor
ty914
Does anyone know what happend to Doc and Cy's??? I think they were in Indy as well...
GWN7
QUOTE(ty914 @ May 3 2006, 05:23 PM) *

Does anyone know what happend to Doc and Cy's??? I think they were in Indy as well...

They closed the doors 3 years ago.....something about partnership problems....there was rumor that they were going to reopen soon.....
stephen7
what rubber seals do you need? I just bought a parts car that was completely disassembled and all the rubber is in pretty nice shape -

send me pic of what you're looking for and I'll see if I have it.

I was going to toss them - maybe something you can use.

steve
rcrgrl
Anybody ever order from Performance Products? I heard something about them and pelican all being one and the same, but i don't know the real deal..
70Sixter
QUOTE(rcrgrl @ May 4 2006, 08:07 PM) *

Anybody ever order from Performance Products? I heard something about them and pelican all being one and the same, but i don't know the real deal..

I've dealt with them with good results, but nothing 914 in recent years. They merged with Automotion and still use automotion.com as web address. Their catalog shows 914 stuff. Don't know of Pelican connection.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.