Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle Cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Allan
Can anyone tell me what throttle cable to order for my car?

Carbed 2.7 conversion with the bellcrank on the tranny type of linkage.

I'm assuming that there are 2 cables involved so info on both would be appreciated.
brant
is it a stock 914/6 bellcrank in the stock 914/6 location?
then you just need to order the stock 914/6 throttle cable.

its only one cable because from the bell crank up to the carb is supposed to be a 914/6 rigid rod that connects the 2nd half of the equation.

brant
brant
Rod looks somewhat like this:
Allan
Aha!!!

Thanks a bunch...
SLITS
You got the car from Root....he made the bellcrank assy to fit on the ring & pinion housing of the tranny so it would use a stock /4 throttle cable.

If the bellcrank is mounted to the intermediate plate on the tranny, it is a /6 setup and takes a /6 throttle cable.
Allan
It's mounted on the right side plate where the drive flange is...
brant
Allan,

is the bellcrank bolted to the tranny case?

or does it literally screw into the tranny case?

brant
SLITS
Bellcrank is bolted (via the existing cover studs) to about the 10 O' Clock position on the cover.
Aaron Cox
its a retrofit rufwerks bolt on piece. bolts to diff side cover.....
Allan
That's the one.

This is good news since a /6 cable runs over $80.00 and I can get a /4 cable for $40.00. biggrin.gif
brant
okee dokeee...

so the answer as to which cable to buy probably depends upon the attatchment point of the bellcrank...

Look at the lever arm of the crank that goes to the throttle cable (not the carb end) If its a ball type attatchment then that is 914/6 hardware. If it accepts the threaded rod of a stock -4 then probably I would get the stock -4 cable.

brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.