Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Longitudinal Advice
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
obscurity
I am trying to get some advice on my passenger longitudinal situation. From the outside they look pretty good.

When you look at the bottom you start to see some problems. The seam is a little caved in from where I tried to jack the car up and you can see what I think is some evidence that there has been some work done here.

On the inside the lower seatbelt attachment point is pretty rusty and doesn't feel solid. The rear portion of the passenger floor has been replaced.

The firewall has a rust hole in the bottom corner.

Finally the hell hole is pretty bad.

The advice I need is where do I start? and do you have to cut the bottom of the body panel off in order to work on the long? I'd rather not hear that I should trash the car because I spent a fair amount on it ten years ago but I would like any advice

Thanks
GWN7
Looks like you have to start cutting and welding to save it. Their are several threads where others have had to do the same repairs on the same area. Be prepaired for more repairs than you can see.

Where to start......start poking with a sharp screwdriver and that will tell you the extent of the rust. Then wire wheel all the areas back to good metal. Then start welding in treated metal patches.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.