Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SoCal: Anyone want to go watch landspeed?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
ANyone want to go? my uncle is apart of that scene... and i enjoy watching the races out there.

anyone want to go out there?
All You Need to Know

Directions to El Mirage

Saturday they tech the cars... and sweep the lake.... sunday they race.

way fun. last time i was there, there was a 914 out there....goin for some speed smile.gif

AA
muddboy
Would like to... if i can get away. Haven't been out there in awhile. My old shop used to work on the engine for Frank Odo, in an old ww2 drop tank coverted into a lakester.
shoguneagle
This brings back memories when I was a kid and read about these activities including the racers made out of WWII drop tanks. I cannot attent this year, but when is next year and secondly, is it a yearly event. These are usually controlled by the place where the event is held, i.e. usually on goverment military land.

If you have a chance you should attend for a lot of fun and see how "yester-year" raced. As I understand it, this is hot rodding at its beginning and fundamental development.

Have fun and enjoy!!!

Steve N Sandy Hurt
maf914
That sounds like fun, but I can't make the drive this weekend. laugh.gif

I have the Bonneville Salt Flats on my list of events I want to see one day. Don't know when though. idea.gif
richardL
Dave MacDonald is my neighbor.

I often hear the engine on his car when he is tuning. Pretty awesome machine.

Richard
Aaron Cox
i think im heading out there around 10....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.