Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Squirrel Cage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914werke
Did any teener come stock with a screen over the impeller opening?
confused24.gif
Brando
Nope.

How are you supposed to feed the hampster if the opening is blocked by a screen?

Wait, are you missing the hampster too? Might want to contact a Porsche dealership and get a new one... 914 040 338 0
Aaron Cox
rofl
LowGT
Mine has one on it, but it's a bus engine.
bd1308
If a plastic bag gets caught on that screen, you're still screwed.

I dont see how it would help.

should be made out of fine mesh to trap dust and muck, but then it would overheat and the t4 would grenade.

I say leave it off.

b
eg914
Doesn't seem like we need it. The intake is already protected by the grille in the engine lid, and should be isolated from below by the sheet metal.
rhodyguy
buses had them to keep fingers and ties out of the fan rich. it would be a pita to have to r&r the grill just to change the fan belt.

k
914werke
It was just a CW sort of question. I had never seen one equiped but I know there are bosses to fit it. I forgot that the bus's used the same housing.
maf914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 3 2006, 07:02 AM) *

buses had them to keep fingers and ties out of the fan rich. it would be a pita to have to r&r the grill just to change the fan belt.

k

That's a good point.

I picked up a plastic screen from a bus in a junk yard many years ago. I always considered putting it on my 914 with the idea that it would keep small leaves, like oak leaves, that I find in the engine compartment from been pulled into the fan and deposited on the cylinders. I've never had a problem with overheating so maybe the leaves have never been a problem. I think I'll forget about it. idea.gif
URY914
screen...

and screen on bus engine....
Joe Ricard
Well I'll be damn. that's what it looks like. Cool Paul.
bd1308
makes me want that camper even more.

thanks paul sad.gif

b
URY914
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ May 3 2006, 10:15 AM) *

Well I'll be damn. that's what it looks like. Cool Paul.

If you want a picture of ANYTHING VW related, Samba.com is the place to go. thumb3d.gif
maf914
I've got one of those degree thingies, the black band in Paul's first photo. Does anyone know where it's mounted on the bus engine?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.