Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Midwest roadtrip to WCC06
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wbergtho
I live close to Mpls/St Paul and would like to assemble a list of people living in the midwest who would like to form a caravan to the WCC06 event. We could devise a gameplan where we meet with people along the way and slowly form up a "squadron" of 914's enroute to the big event. I think this is a great idea not only for camaraderie but for support and help in the event of mistfortune/breakdown.

Let us start the list and we will develop a gameplan for assembling the "squadron".

Regards,

Bill Bergthold rocking nana.gif mueba.gif piratenanner.gif
wbergtho
There has to be a few midwestern people heading out to WCC06?
lotus_65
i wish i was, i'd join you!
i'll be on vacation though, have a great time!

paul b
Gint
We haven't made any firm plans yet, but the Colorado gang may be able to hook with you guys on the way out. Meet up in Wyoming ir something like that.
Eric_Shea
Make SLC a stop.
rhodyguy
if i was driving from Co i would make the run up independence pass and thru aspen the back way. then i would spend the night in lava hot springs (in my own private idaho), and soak in the hot spring baths. it would take me a few days to make the run.

k
BigDBass
Wish I could go. By that date, I'll hopefully have been a father for a week or so!
STL914
JUst out of curiousity, what route have you planned? Are you considering some type of non-914 support vehicle?

Gary
[former Cheesehead]
rick 918-S
I can't leave until the evening of July 5th after Kyle's Birthday. This is the shortest route. Anyone ever driving along this route? What are the roads like? Are there any gas stations up this far north? What about snow in July?
mike_the_man
If you guys are thinking about going through Spokane, thats where I'm hoping to make it to on the first day. I think it's about a 6 hour drive from there to Portland, if I remember right.

I have no idea who will be coming from up this way yet, we'll have to start figuring that out.

Bruce (GWN7), if you read this, what are your plans?
Porsche Rescue
Rick, lots'a open road, gas and no snow in July. It's not real wilderness, only looks that way.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ May 3 2006, 11:45 AM) *

Rick, lots'a open road, gas and no snow in July. It's not real wilderness, only looks that way.

I wonder how fast a guy dares to run through there? John law, truckers, tourist's... blink.gif

driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif Caravan heading west!
Porsche Rescue
Not exactly sure which roads your map shows, but there's sure not a lot of people there. My experience says be careful on Indian reservations. They seem to be a little more sensitive to speed limit violaters.
GWN7
QUOTE(mike_the_man @ May 3 2006, 12:31 PM) *

If you guys are thinking about going through Spokane, thats where I'm hoping to make it to on the first day. I think it's about a 6 hour drive from there to Portland, if I remember right.

I have no idea who will be coming from up this way yet, we'll have to start figuring that out.

Bruce (GWN7), if you read this, what are your plans?

I was planning on going the same route as Rick (gas is cheaper Down South), but as there is no paypal for the registration, I'm probably not going. Sending a cheque from here and dealing with US/CDN bank differences is too much of a pain in the ass.

As to the roads on Ricks route.....they were great last time I went that way. Thru parts of Montana the speed limit is 75mph (all state laws are here: http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/laws.html#absolute )

As to gas... fill up in the towns marked on the map......if it dosen't show anything on the map, there isn't anything smile.gif Hard to get gas from a tree (if there is any trees) smile.gif
wbergtho
Yeah...I think hooking up w/ a few western state guys along the way would be pretty cool. Let's stay in touch.

Bill
rick 918-S
Kelly was talking about trailering his car. So maybe we'll have a support vehicle some place along the route.

BTW: still no heads.. huh.gif But I can build and install my motor in a week.
mikelsr
The trip sounds like fun but I will be having more fun visiting my daughter in Germany.
mike_the_man

I was planning on going the same route as Rick (gas is cheaper Down South), but as there is no paypal for the registration, I'm probably not going. Sending a cheque from here and dealing with US/CDN bank differences is too much of a pain in the ass.

As to the roads on Ricks route.....they were great last time I went that way. Thru parts of Montana the speed limit is 75mph (all state laws are here: http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/laws.html#absolute )

As to gas... fill up in the towns marked on the map......if it dosen't show anything on the map, there isn't anything smile.gif Hard to get gas from a tree (if there is any trees) smile.gif

You're not going Bruce??? Whats up with that? Just shoot Craig a money order and be done with it. It's not a huge hassle. The more 914s we have coming down from Canada, the more fun it will be!
Eddie914
I'll be going through Spokane, Washington on 07/07/06 on my way to Seattle to get the 914/6. I'll be leaving early from our annual family July 4th vacation in Northern Idaho.

When do you plan on passing through eastern washington?

Unfortuantely I will be driving the Suburban pulling the boat.

Eddie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.