Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pictures please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gregrobbins
I am getting a pair of 916 fg bumpers, but dont like the "all one color" look of the 916. If you have photos of a 916 bumper that is painted a contrasting color, please post.

Thanks,
bryanc
I don't have pictures, but I've always thought 916 bumpers painted to match the rockers would be cool. E.g. black bumpers and rockers with green body.
McMark
Greg! Great question! I'm looking at 916 bumpers for a car. Where did you buy yours from?
SirAndy
sorta ...
here's what my 914 looked like when i first bought it.

never mind the crappy paint ...
rolleyes.gif Andy

gregrobbins
Andy, are your bumpers blended into the body? I don't see a seam or joint.

Interesting? Any problems with cracking?
cbenitah
You guys didnt spec. what colors. so here is just a mock up.. if you want any specific colors let me know..

didnt have much time but this is what it would look like when Ronald McDonald is drivin in his 914

(I hope I dont offend anyone by using this pic, the only good one I had saved)
cbenitah
hmm
cbenitah
Must be a european thing...
cbenitah
red two tone
Gustl
I didn't see one real 916 yet dry.gif

here're some pics of 'em cool_shades.gif

#18 early after it left factory - sorry, I had to remove the facees ...
Gustl
#20 left factory in silver/phoenix red, the first owner changed to black/orange within the first two years

SirAndy
QUOTE(Gustl @ May 3 2006, 02:03 AM) *

sorry, I had to remove the faces ...

ok, this is weird ...

when i saved that picture to my desktop, look at the icon preview it created ...

looks like gustl cropped it from a larger scan with 4 pictures including the people and somehow the preview icon of the original picture survived ...
wacko.gif Andy
Gustl
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 3 2006, 06:07 PM) *

looks like gustl cropped it from a larger scan with 4 pictures including the people and somehow the preview icon of the original picture survived ...

yeah, that happens all the time when I use my super-high-tech photo editing software ... MS Paint laugh.gif

don't know why, but who cares confused24.gif

wavey.gif Gustl
cbenitah
QUOTE(Gustl @ May 3 2006, 02:03 AM) *

I didn't see one real 916 yet dry.gif

he is not buying a real one either. I got the impression he wanted his own original idea of what a 916 would look like today.. But thats just me. sorry if I confused anyone
Gustl
QUOTE(cbenitah @ May 3 2006, 06:34 PM) *

he is not buying a real one either. I got the impression he wanted his own original idea of what a 916 would look like today.. But thats just me. sorry if I confused anyone

I was just kidding ... sorry unsure.gif
cbenitah

I was just kidding ... sorry unsure.gif

hahah, well, I have been misunderstood many times the past week so I'm starting to think that I don't really know english at all and that people just nod at me and just go with it.. its all good. I still think ferry dreamed about a baby blue and pink 916 hitting the track flag.gif
cbenitah
greg I'm not sure what color that is but here is green with different options... black is dfficult since it will take away all the definitions of the bumper..
gregrobbins
Thank you, that helps.

Nice work!
Andyrew
Looks like different flavor lipstick to me..

Andrew
cbenitah
QUOTE(Andyrew @ May 4 2006, 01:27 AM) *

Looks like different flavor lipstick to me..

Andrew

it all depends on what you associate with. it could be different colored cars but you saw lipstick gayfight.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.