Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rear reflector - need latch ideas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EMMY 914
I would like some ideas and pictures of a recommended latch to use the cut down refector on my 1975.
So if anyone could help I would graitful.

Emmy
TINCAN914
You can use the the stock latch system for locking the trunk, but unless you want to cut a hole in the reflector, you can't use the push button (technical term?).
You can however buy a trunk release cable / set-up threw Engman, (screen name). If I have completely confused you, PM me and I will send some pics..
Van914
I learned the hard way on this. I also have a cable that goes from the latch through the botttom of the trunk for a backup. Don't ask you don't want to know what happens when the cable release comes loose. smash.gif
van914
tat2dphreak
I plan on using the engman cable release... good stuff!
iamchappy
I purchased a manual choke cable for mine and installed it. it works just like Engmans kit but only cost me 15.00. I did use the electric solenoid bracket to make it easy but also you can drill and tap a set screw into the exiting latch to make it work.
szuccaro
Click to view attachmentEngman cable release

Robert21
biggrin.gif Engman ,s cable release is great works everytime, bulid strong
and easy to put in . He sells good stuff.

Robert

Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE(szuccaro @ May 3 2006, 09:32 AM) *

It goes thru the center of the trunk? Yuck! Please tell me it can be routed along the side of the trunk and thus hidden. I did that with my mechanical release.
iamchappy
Manual Choke cable at your local flaps, Im telling ya they work great and it's long enough to run around the sides of the trunk with the wiring. I mounted my
pull in the same place as my engine lid pull as I pinned my engine lid and didnt need it.
Engman
Mine runs around the side of the trunk and mounts below the park brake.

See the resourses section.

M
szuccaro
QUOTE(Air_Cooled_Nut @ May 3 2006, 06:58 PM) *

QUOTE(szuccaro @ May 3 2006, 09:32 AM) *

It goes thru the center of the trunk? Yuck! Please tell me it can be routed along the side of the trunk and thus hidden. I did that with my mechanical release.

Why Yuck? It can be routed along the side, but requires more work/time during installation... ie.. drilling. Your choice. I chose to run it on top of the carpet vs underneath to ensure no obstructions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.