Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Off to a good start Today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
joea9146
I am crusing to work in the BMW in the outside lane have the crusie control
set to 78 just trying to get to work. I look in the review mirror and coming up fast is a Lincoln with his High Beams on.... I pull to the right and let him go by and he passes me at 95-100. After he Passes I pull back to the left lane after about 20 seconds I here Sirens blasting behind me and see lights flashing and this unmarked cruiser non distinct Chrylser 300 is coming up fast.... I pull back to the right and let him get by....
Guess what happens next about 2 miles down the road the cruiser and the Lincoln are rolling to a stop at the side of the road.... Good way to start the day biggrin.gif
drewvw

agree.gif

don't you love those rare occasions when the coppers actually nail those aholes who drive waaay too fast in their monster SUVs.
BMartin914
Not to nitpick, but the left lane is not for driving, it is for passing. I guess if the right and center lanes are moving much slower than the right it becomes appropriate, but if there is enough room to "move over" I would assume that the right lane was clear to drive in. Just something to think about...

I become very agitated when people "drive" in the left lane.
sjhowitson
agree.gif
BMartin914
Thanks Steve. I was thinking I might get flamed for the comment, but it is something that burns me up everytime I get on the road. That, and not using turn signals.

Use your damn turn signals (not directed at anyone in particular)!

(/rant)
joea9146
QUOTE(BMartin914 @ May 3 2006, 11:48 AM) *

Not to nitpick, but the left lane is not for driving, it is for passing. I guess if the right and center lanes are moving much slower than the right it becomes appropriate, but if there is enough room to "move over" I would assume that the right lane was clear to drive in. Just something to think about...

I become very agitated when people "drive" in the left lane.

When you are in 3 Lanes of Rush Hour Traffic you take what ever you can get no one honors the thrid lane in Rush Hour if we did no one would be going anywhwre.
I was in the Left Lane Traveling 78 passing cars until the ButtHole came up behind doing 95-100, which I promptly Granted him the right of way. You want to go Faster than me you are welcome to the road.... go for it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.