Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: i re-jetted my webers!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lotus_65
it's the first time i have ever looked into a carb. quite an experience, i must say...

i found some issues with the emulsion tubes. first question has to with the manufacturing. referencing a great cross-section drawing from the East Bay Grease 356 Club website:

on the tubes i got from peirce manifold, the "e" holes are fine, but the ones from my tubes are drilled higher, so much so that they intersect one of the "d" holes.

could this cause a problem?
background: i was getting very poor performance (way too rich) from one of my carbs.

secondly, there was a huge gouge on one side of one tube and a tremendous rash with shards hanging on the other side... i can guess what may have happened
(my mechanics drunk.gif teef.gif could be drunken himbo's).

could that cause trouble?

lastly, i don't understand the manufacturing of the "g" holes. a couple of the tubes where drilled really cleanly, while some had divots, again with shards waiting to detach and find something to gum up.

is this a concern.

thanks!
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Joe Ricard
Uh yea those emulsion tubes are kinda hammered.
I got a set of F11 tubes if you want just tell me where to send them.
rhodyguy
take joe up on his offer.

k
lotus_65
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ May 3 2006, 10:20 AM) *

Uh yea those emulsion tubes are kinda hammered.
I got a set of F11 tubes if you want just tell me where to send them.

thanks, joe!

the set i ordered from peirce is ok, except for the divots on a couple (not all).

i cleaned out the shards and felt ok enough about installing them that i went ahead.
if there is a performance issue with the machining here and the center really should be clean and round, i can complain to them. i think they'd resolve it, they seem pretty cool.

the mis-drilled "d" holes came from the old set and i did not install them.

thanks a lot!

paul b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.