Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to Verify its a actual 73 2.0?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bodyman
I am doing the trade deal on the 1973 2.0 914. I have posted a couple pics. is it in the vin # or a tag on the car to verify the car is a actual 2.0 I started it and drove it yesterday, I saw it is carburated and I had thought that the 73 2.0 cars were fuel injected. I just wanted to check that someone didnt just put a 2.0 badge on it and it really be a 1.7 or something. I would just like help is knowing how to verify this. here are the daylight pics of it.
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Michael
freezing14
to make sure it is a 2.0 that is in,, just look at how many bolts hold the intake on each side 3 it is a 2.0 ( or it has 2.0 heads) 4 , it is a 1.8 or 1.7,, if you want to know if it came originally with the car only the Cof A will tell
Porsche Rescue
Original 73-74 2.0 case engine # will begin with "GA". If you have that along with the 3 bolt manifolds described above, you can be pretty sure it is a 2.0. The later 2.0 cases began with GB or GC.
bodyman
were is the case engine # located? I apreciate your guys help. I plan on keeping this car and driving it. But it does make a big difference in value if it is a actual 73 2.0 I am fairly new to 914s I grew up in california right on the coast. I remember all the cool 914 I would see at the beach. so Its pretty cool that I found a nice example to start with.
davep
The engine # is in a difficult spot to see in front of the oil filler stand, and behind the engine cooling fan. As long as you can see a "G" at the start you should be fine. Three studs on the heads to hold the intake tubes in place are also a must have. Check the label on the gas tank expansion chamber around the fuel filler. If the label specifies HR rated tires that is a good indication. In the engine compartment there may still be a decal for the emissions and it should indicate a "G" series engine of 120 cubic inches or 1971cc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.