Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sideshifter linkage question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Borderline
I just bolted up my new rebuilt side shifter to the engine and want to get it back into the car. I don't have the rubber booty thing that fits over the connection at the transaxle. Can I install it after the engine is in the car. It doesn't look like there is enough room to slide the shifter rod far enough forward to get it out of the bushing. This is on a 4 cyl with the where the rod goes through the hole in the engine mounting crossmember.

Thanks for the help. smile.gif
SLITS
It can be done in the car. You just need to remove the rear shift bar to add the boots....both front and rear.
Borderline
so after disconnecting the bar from the shifter rod in the tunnel there is enough room to slide the bar forward to get it out of the trans axle bushing. It sure looks like it will run into the firewall first. cool. Thanks!

SLITS
You need to remove the cone screw from the rear shifter cup and slide it off the rear end of the bar and then you can remove the whole bar from the car.....just like you do when you drop the drivetrain out of the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.