Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Int. Wipers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kenpolives
I just got the fuel line under the tank finished, reinstalled etc, got both wiper speeds working (loose wire) and now my wipers go on every 6 seconds. (this poroblem was happening prior to the tank removal but thought fixed).

Ok, but I don't have int wipers (that I know of) it is a 74 but the switch has been changed a few times I am sure. Is 6 seconds the normal interval for int wipers?? if not what could be going on. I am unable to disengage the wipers by pulling the switch back or pushing it forward. Both speeds work fine.

Is my fix pulling the steering wheel and trying to move the switch then?

Thanks
bd1308
I dunno but if you have int. wipers i'll offer money on that module....

b
East coaster
Do you have a relay on the backside of th edrivers side cowl support bracket? ( the verticle orange bar in next to your fresh air box that I see in your avatar)

If you don't have a relay on the back of this bracket, you do not have intermittent wipers (or at least shouldn't).
kenpolives
QUOTE(East coaster @ May 4 2006, 01:01 PM) *

Do you have a relay on the backside of th edrivers side cowl support bracket? ( the verticle orange bar in next to your fresh air box that I see in your avatar)

If you don't have a relay on the back of this bracket, you do not have intermittent wipers (or at least shouldn't).

Relay is there, and so is a broken wire.... problem fixed.

thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.