Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wanna see some pics of my former full concours 911SC?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
914-8
It was a clean car! Thought some of you concours guys might appreciate it. I did local PCA concours for a few years in the early 90s. But I'm reformed now! Too much headbang.gif and not enough driving.gif for me.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Ferg
smilie_pokal.gif shocked[1].gif Do you still have the car?
That's sweet, more pics.

Ferg beer.gif
914-8
Nope, that's why it's my "former" SC!

I had it for 14 years and had fun with concour-ing and showing it. But it was really not driveable on the street after all that work. I put in hundreds and hundreds of hours into that car.

Here's a few more:

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
tod914
Incredable car beerchug.gif
Brew
Very nice detail! clap56.gif

Waitaminute!! What's with the one gold cad nut in the last pic??? dry.gif
rickyhgarcia
Just curious...why would you sell a car like that?

I mean, the car is perfect...probably better than when it came out of the factory.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(rickyhgarcia @ May 4 2006, 06:44 PM) *

Just curious...why would you sell a car like that?

I mean, the car is perfect...probably better than when it came out of the factory.

because you cant enjoy driving it.

omg! that grain of sand in the street may scrape my heat exchanger paint!!!! OH THE HUMANITY!!!

Cars are meant to be driven smile.gif
Pat Garvey
pray.gif

Now this is what I'm talking about when I say "hard-core" concours. Beautiful example & I can empathize with the level of prep, fear of driving, etc. Definitely Parade quality. Thanks for posting.
Lou W
Wow, That car is beautiful.
Ferg
How many miles were on the car when those pics were taken?

Ferg
914-8
Aaron has the reason I sold it right. You can't really drive a car after it's been cleaned and restored to that level. It was so prepared that even areas that would require disassembly to see were clean (BEHIND the rockers, behind the bumpers, etc.)

I guess technically you COULD drive it, but as the person whose sweat and countless hours were in it, I couldn't do it.

Funny, though. The guy who bought it talked tough about being able to drive it, and said he would. I talked to him 6 months later and he said he wasn't driving it! He liked how clean it was and it was too much work to drive it and keep it that clean.

It had around 110,000 miles on it when the pics were taken. The paint was around 13 years old at the time, and the interior is completely original. Of course, the engine, trans, etc. had all been removed for cleaning and refinishing (powdercoat, cad plating, resealing, restickering, etc.)

The last 8 or 9 years that I had it, I never drove it. Only once every couple of weeks to warm everything up and keep everything working, then back under the cover in the garage. Maybe 300-400 miles per year.

Kinda nutty, but that's a CW!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.