Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who is a good Mechanic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dee
Hello everyone,

I've been reading alot about what you guys have posted and really like the honesty and knowledge that everyone brings to the table. I have a question. Do any of you guys know of a good mechanic in the Bay Area, CA?

Thanks in advance
Dee smile.gif
Jeroen
You can try Rich Bontempi at HPH
http://www.highperformancehouse.com
Gradskater
Bill Eason in Oakland (near Berkeley) is the best mechanic I have ever had, and he is a really cool guy, too. He has taught me a lot about 914s. Call him at 510 420 1262. He is a Porsche expert, and he even has a 914 on his business card.

True story: I was driving the 914 in Hayward this weekend. I was stopped at a light and a guy in the next lane over (driving a toyota, i think) shouts over "who works on your car?", I answer "Bill"...and before I can say Eason, he finishes my sentance and says, "Bill Eason works on my car, too!". Good to know we both take our cars to the right place.

McMark
Two new members for our local breakfast/lunch gatherings. welcome.png
Chris Pincetich
I like Bill too: honest, nice, knoweldgeable, fair prices (<$100 h), and good connections (he used to work at EASY, so he gets those used parts qick and cheap).

One word of warning, and I'm wondering if anybody else had has this experience there (please don't mention it to him though dry.gif ): the entry dirveway has several deep potholes and the slope is very steep, if you have the LE front spoiler (like me) or any of the other non-stock front spoilers that hang low you might notice that it is dinged or cracked after a visit to the shop. This has happend me twice - BUT both times my car was not running and the push-in run-up to the shop (I helped push one time) is a less precise approach that drving up. Bill can drive the car in unscathed 99 out of 100 times, put pushing it up that damn driveway can be harmful.

OK, rant over, my car runs great now thanks mostly to Bill beerchug.gif
Dee
Thanks for the info. It helps alot. The previous owner on my 914 went to High Performance House and I wanted to see if there are other options and if that place was good without givnig out the name. burnout.gif
Gradskater
I dont have an LE spoiler and Bill always pulls the car in and out of the garage. No problems. But yeah, the angle for the driveway isnt the best.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.