Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is my handbrake supposed to look like this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BigDBass
Just wondering if this is broken or just naturally ugly?
Hammy
Dunno, but mine doesn't look like that smile.gif
McMark
ohmy.gif That ain't right. At the very least, the button has been replaced, but it appears to be a completely weird handle. yoda.gif
BigDBass
Can someone post a picture of theirs to compare please?
gopack
Hey Dan, as you know I have a spare. next time I go to Chi-town, I will bring it if you need. (probably not this weekend, but the next 5/13) let me know. can't gaurantee it looks any better.
BigDBass
Aw man, I was hoping you were heading out there tomorrow! Was just about to ask. sad.gif
Pugbug
Here's mine...year 75.
gopack
QUOTE(BigDBass @ May 5 2006, 08:22 AM) *

Aw man, I was hoping you were heading out there tomorrow! Was just about to ask. sad.gif

Nope the car has been sitting idle for the last 2 weeks waiting for the new bumpers. AND the inlaws are visiting this weekend for my wifes b-day! (so it is the perfect weekend to stay home) At least I get a free meal out at a nice restarant out of it! I can take it off the parts car, and ship it to you if you like!
I am looking forward to seing the green beauty though!
BigDBass
I'm in no rush. Just wanted to the excuse to drive, see your progress, and show you my ride.
Eric_Shea
(FIB's and Cheeshead's are not supposed to integrate)
gopack
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 5 2006, 10:26 AM) *

(FIB's and Cheeshead's are not supposed to integrate)

I don't damn all FIBs. I consider them "flatlanders" until they show they deserve the designation FIB. When we go "up north", you can hear little kids say "look dad a FIB" or "damn FIBs" it is hillarious to hear! Like the time I taught my 2 year old to say " The Bears SUCK!" I loved it! Mom (boss) was not pleased!
Besides, Dan bought me lunch, because I like to travel with less than $5.00 in my pocket!
Eric_Shea
Grab the Rosary and say three Vince Lombardi's. There's a sinner in our midst. By ALL means, don't let your son read this!

Damn left-wing co-conspiring softy w00t.gif
BigDBass
Dare I ask.... What's a FIB? I'm skeered.
Eric_Shea
av-943.gif

Mark... fill him in lol3.gif
BigDBass
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 5 2006, 10:46 AM) *

av-943.gif

Yeah, I knew I shouldn't'a asked...

I'll hazard a guess: "F'ing Illinois Bastard" ?
gopack
QUOTE(BigDBass @ May 5 2006, 10:51 AM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 5 2006, 10:46 AM) *

av-943.gif

Yeah, I knew I shouldn't'a asked...

I'll hazard a guess: "F'ing Illinois Bastard" ?

See! you did know!

look here
BigDBass
3. FIB
Fucking Illinois Bastards or occasionally, Fucking Illinois Bitches. Shortened to the acronym "FIB."

It is an unkind term used by Wisconsinites to refer to the residents of Illinois. Common times to use this are:
1. In reference to how Illinoians Drive - very fast and offensive.
2. Their vacationing choices - Wisconsin Dells and Lake Geneva.
3. Bears Fans

1. I'll have you know I'm a very slow driver. My wife and bro- and sis-in-law have been calling me the slowest Porsche-driver on the road.
2. I haven't been to the Dells in over 20 years. Other than passing through from MN last weekend, the last time I was in WI was during college when I swore I'd never return. (This oath coincided with the sound of latex gloves snapping on the hands of my new DEA acquaintance. Just a misunderstanding. Don't ask.)
3. Got me there. Go Bears!
Eric_Shea
Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding...

Vince, tell him what he's won!

Dan, you've won an all expenses spared trip to beauuuuutiful central WI. Your journey begins to da North Aaaa, in Stevens Point and winds across God's country. Roll down your window Dan-o, that's "cow shit" yur smell'n. Take a looky Aaaa! Eastbound on I-10, there's a PBR sign on every building on them-there four corners (think I'm kid'n, anyone been to Sheridan, WI?). Yur not in Utah anymore Dorothy! beer.gif

Don't get too liqoured up Dan. We still have a trip down ole 41 to your dinner destination. Your evening culminates with a Dinner at the Brat-Stop and Greyhound races in Kenosha. What more could you ask for confused24.gif
BigDBass
Come to think of it, I was at several points overwhelmed by the smell of cow shit.
gopack
QUOTE(BigDBass @ May 5 2006, 11:05 AM) *

3. FIB
Fucking Illinois Bastards or occasionally, Fucking Illinois Bitches. Shortened to the acronym "FIB."

It is an unkind term used by Wisconsinites to refer to the residents of Illinois. Common times to use this are:
1. In reference to how Illinoians Drive - very fast and offensive.
2. Their vacationing choices - Wisconsin Dells and Lake Geneva.
3. Bears Fans

1. I'll have you know I'm a very slow driver. My wife and bro- and sis-in-law have been calling me the slowest Porsche-driver on the road.
2. I haven't been to the Dells in over 20 years. Other than passing through from MN last weekend, the last time I was in WI was during college when I swore I'd never return. (This oath coincided with the sound of latex gloves snapping on the hands of my new DEA acquaintance. Just a misunderstanding. Don't ask.)
3. Got me there. Go Bears!

Seems to me that in a previous post, you said you had your new green beauty up to 80! which is not legal in any state as far as I know, nor considered SLOW. I am pretty sure you don't mean slow as in "short bus rider" do you? One of the other definitions stated eratic speeds; fast in IL (ill?) and slow in door county! Just because you are a slow driver is no defense! That just means you like to drive on the far left of the road!

Eric look what you started: a cross border flame war, and just before the SE WI meet and greet which we magnanimous Wisconsinites gladly invited the Freindly Illinois Bretheren" to!
gopack
I prefer definition 4

. FIB 40 up, 8 down

Fucking Illinois Bastard
1. One who drives in the fast lane, and chooses to do the speed limit
2. Someone who cuts through 2 lanes of traffic without signalling to exit Interstate
3. Chooses to vacation in Wisconsin, where there actually are hills, and a good football team
CHicagoans thought process;
1. Hmmm, people keep passing me, I better put a stop to that and congest this whole damn stretch of pavement
2. My exit is coming up, I had better get over...hmmm, he forgot 4 fingers when he waved at me, oh well...Well I'll be, this wasn't even my exit, dirp
3. Lets head north to Wisconsin, they have hills, and small cities, that are way more laid back than us here in Chicago...I also heard they know how to play football, and make this thing called the playoffs
Eric_Shea
Two Words:

McCaskey Challenged
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.