Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Solex Camshalft Specs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
My 2.8 build is getting closer to ordering parts. My last motor had some Webcam's in it that had a great hit and mid range and pulled to the moon. It was a pretty good compromise cam for a dual duty motor (Track and AX).

I now have access to some Solex cams for basically free. I've done a websearch but for some reason I can't find the information in the format I'm looking for.

For the intake and exhaust I'm looking for:

Valve lift

Duration

Duration @ .050

Lobe Center

Intake opens @ x degrees before TDC
Exhaust opens @ x degrees before BDC

Intake closes @ x degrees after BDC
Exhaust closes @ x degrees after TDC

I'm using my desktop dyno software for the comparison. I was able to use this software to get really close to reality in my previous motor when it was dyno'd on an engine dyno. At least I'll get a side by side comparison of the power curve.

Just point me to a website link or if anyone has a book in front of them.

Thanks,

Bill P.
nine14cats
icon_bump.gif
J P Stein
OK,OK..... the specs are in Anderson's book:

int opens at 29 btdc
closes at 39 abdc
ex opens at 39 bbdc
closes at 19 atdc

int dur lift
244 .439

exh dur lift
234 .406

lobe centers 97 deg
nine14cats
QUOTE(J P Stein @ May 5 2006, 04:11 PM) *

OK,OK..... the specs are in Anderson's book:

int opens at 29 btdc
closes at 39 abdc
ex opens at 39 bbdc
closes at 19 atdc

int dur lift
244 .439

exh dur lift
234 .406

lobe centers 97 deg

Thanks JP!

Does the book say what duration is at .050? Normally it is ~20 degrees less at the .050. I'm looking at these things and it may give more low end grunt below the 120/104's I used before.

I know you're running them....how do they pull at 6500 to 7500RPM?

Thanks,

Bill P.
J P Stein
Does the book say what duration is at .050? Normally it is ~20 degrees less at the .050. I'm looking at these things and it may give more low end grunt below the 120/104's I used before.

I know you're running them....how do they pull at 6500 to 7500RPM?

Thanks,

Bill P.

No, it doesn't but I have heard that lift is given at 1mm rather than the American .050. confused24.gif Ask Anderson: bruce1485@aol.com He's had some health problems, but I hear he back in biddness.....hope so. He has always given me a prompt reply.

The cams come on about 3500 but really pull from 4-4500K to 6500 (i never get a chance to watch the tach so these are WAGs).....then it flattens out....but it's still pulling at 7300.

BTW, The 'B' first gear is slick.....but if ever change, it will be to a 'C'. I was worried about a C gear killing acceleration in 1st.......the B sure as hell didn't biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.