Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wtf? porsche locomotive?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
IPB Image

WTF.gif
Brian Mifsud
Hasn't Porsche Engineering done consulting work for virtually every industry since the 1940's?

I understand they once were doing "street furniture" i.e. bustops, mailboxes, firehydrants, etc.
street legal go-kart
Porsche Design has out grossed the car production division for years having desighned everything from jet aircraft to tanks.

JT
Cap'n Krusty
The full length Mc Donald's signs you see painted on their supply delivery trucks doesn't mean Mc Donald's makes trucks. Why would you assume the Porsche logo on a locomotive means Porsche built it? The Cap'n
jsteele22
Dunno about the train, but the first time I saw a Ferrari in Italy, it wasn't a two-seater : only one. A dinky little 2-wheeled tractor about the size of a riding mower. You couldn't even use it without a trailer hooked on, due to the lack of a second axle.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 5 2006, 02:22 PM) *

The full length Mc Donald's signs you see painted on their supply delivery trucks doesn't mean Mc Donald's makes trucks. Why would you assume the Porsche logo on a locomotive means Porsche built it? The Cap'n

not assuming that custy one....

just saying. its interesting to see a "DECAL'd " locomotive, as here in america, never do you see a locomotive sport anything other than its "company" or its model.

and its fairly obvious its an advertisement, as its a 911 silhouette and not a freaking train....smile.gif
URY914
Yes Porsche built trains and Ferrari built dual cab pickups that look a lot like VW pickups.

See the decal on the side, yes it's a Ferrari all right. thumb3d.gif

TonyAKAVW
What I want to know is...

Does Kenenedy make an adapter plate to fit a porsche locomotive engine to a 901 ?

Also, I heard they built a green and white locomotive, but there are no pictures of it...
Sideways
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ May 5 2006, 04:33 PM) *

What I want to know is...

Does Kenenedy make an adapter plate to fit a porsche locomotive engine to a 901 ?

Also, I heard they built a green and white locomotive, but there are no pictures of it...

They only have an adapter for a 915..

Oh and it was an orange and white one...
BMXerror
Man, you know your stuff, Sideways.. WTF.gif bs.gif biggrin.gif
Rrrockhound
QUOTE(street legal go-kart @ May 5 2006, 05:14 PM) *

Porsche Design has out grossed the car production division for years having desighned everything from jet aircraft to tanks.

JT

Anybody remember these?
guiltless
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ May 5 2006, 02:22 PM) *

Something tells me Porsche doesn't really need to advertise on the side of a train. If anyone can afford them, they already know about them.

I bet it was the owner having a little fun.
Rand
Handles like it's on rails.

I think guiltless nailed it... I mean if I owned a locomotive, I'd have Z make me a NARP graphic for it. biggrin.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
Maybe just advertising space?
Sideways
QUOTE(BMXerror @ May 5 2006, 06:05 PM) *

Man, you know your stuff, Sideways.. WTF.gif bs.gif biggrin.gif

The 915 adapter allows the trans to be mounted upside down saving the R&P flip....

I then think the only problem would be the amount of shetmetal that would be removed because I think the locomotive engine is slightly longer that the 4, I could be wrong.. blink.gif
DEC
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ May 5 2006, 11:09 AM) *

IPB Image

WTF.gif

This is the second locomotive with a Porsche Logo on it, this demotrates only
the cooperation between Porsche and the "Deutsche Bahn" grouphug.gif
for the transportation of Porsche cars.

Nothing more.

This kind of locomotive ist not designed by Porsche. blink.gif

Wilco
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.