Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Side Targa Seals....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dagdal1967
I'm looking to buy new side Targa seals (where the window meets the targa top) and ran into some on e-bay. But I believe that I heard someone say that there is a difference between years, and you need to be careful to get seals to match your year of car.

Is this correct, or am I completely crazy? screwy.gif
olav
QUOTE(dagdal1967 @ May 5 2006, 12:10 PM) *

I'm looking to buy new side Targa seals (where the window meets the targa top) and ran into some on e-bay. But I believe that I heard someone say that there is a difference between years, and you need to be careful to get seals to match your year of car.

Is this correct, or am I completely crazy? screwy.gif

I think your ok because I changed my side targa seals on my '70 with early seals. The dealer said that one seal fits all and it's working for me.

I'm not sure which seals are specific for which years but so far every seal fits mine and there is no discrimination between years and I've replace practically all me seals.
GeorgeRud
There are two kinds of seals, but they are pretty much interchangeable. The early ones are simpler but can leak along the glass top. The later ones had an additional lip to further seal the glass top.
lylegd
Most if not all of the parts suppliers only stock the newest style which is the type Porsche introduced starting in 1973. The later style is a better design, its the only one available new and it fits on all 914s.
dagdal1967
Thanks guys.. This is what I was hoping!

Doug
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.