Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can't think of an appropriate title
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rmital
More work put into my project teener than I want to list...to depressing. Everything from fuel injectors, disks, brakes,brake lines, fuel lines....etc....I'm still waiting for the POR15 to vanish from my skin.

The end of the story goes like this:
Finished welding/removing side markers last Friday night at about 2:00am to get it to the paint shop on Monday morning. Very excited, didn't take any short cuts in our work.

I get home yesterday and a friend (who's been helping me with my project) is waiting for me in my driveway. Tells me there been an accident. A women drove thru an adjacent properties fence, thru the bay door at the paint shop, thru his spray booth and smashed into my 914.

Wasn't going to post but I'm sitting here at the office losing my mind. Not sure what the near future holds. Insurance nightmare I'm sure. If all goes well, I'm certainly taking the high road and will be looking for a restored 914. Or at least one that doesn't need 6 months of jack time before I could drive around for some of the summer.

To be continued:

GaroldShaffer
WTF.gif

Man that sucks. I know this is not the time but are those western wheels on your car?
Aaron Cox
ahhh man.
sad.gif
rmital
QUOTE(itsa914 @ May 5 2006, 11:31 AM) *

WTF.gif

Man that sucks. I know this is not the time but are those western wheels on your car?

..yep..
MartyYeoman
Sounds like your 914 is truly a "babe magnet".
Eric_Shea
We need to find Ray a new car Gang. sad.gif
Leo Imperial
I heard about this yesterday sad.gif

Thing is once Ray got his hands dirty he didn't stop. The progress on this car was unreal. Not fair at all. Ray my hat off to you for all of your efforts. I have already put the feeler out to try and find you a new ride. One way or another you will be drivng a 914 with the top off this summer.

Any leads on finished cars would be appriciated.

Have have seen the progress made on this car first hand.
It just ain't right
So.Cal.914
Murphy's law SUCKS!
Rand
ohmy.gif
I was hoping this was going to lead to a prank and you are being "OverHauled." But there's your car! Un-freaking-believable. Sorry man, that sucks.
Allan
Sorry to see that. What a bummer.

Seems like you should be covered by both the body shop and the drivers insurance... confused24.gif
jhadler
un-be-freakin-lievable!!!

Oh man, that sucks. Go for all you can get. Sure hope the driver has/had good insurance...

-Josh2
rmital
QUOTE(Headrage @ May 5 2006, 12:33 PM) *

Sorry to see that. What a bummer.

Seems like you should be covered by both the body shop and the drivers insurance... confused24.gif

that's what they keep telling me....just hoping it doesn't take months of shuffling paper before I see the $$.

I do actually feel a little better now that I vented on the site. Leo's the best...called him about 10:00pm last night. I was really on the edge... wacko.gif
wilchek
they should give you millions for all your pain and suffering. Remember it is only a car and if no one got hurt it can be fixed or replaced. Think the body shop may be willing to fix it. Don't give up, remember if it was easy everyone would have one.
jsteele22

Man, there's no way to imagine how much that must suck ! At the very least, you should have had the thrill of driving it. Hope they take care of you RIGHT.

JPB
Bro, this chick either needs to give it up, fullfill all your sexuall fantasies, until your new car gets done or needs to pay out the ass!

beer.gif Sorry; just the shock and red wine, it dosen't mix well.
Brian Mifsud
QUOTE(rmital @ May 5 2006, 12:28 PM) *

A women drove thru an adjacent properties fence, thru the bay door at the paint shop, thru his spray booth and smashed into my 914.

holy moly... that sounds like something out of a movie... stuff had to be coming through the windshield with that much speed and force...what happened to HER?
Eric_Shea
Who cares? confused24.gif

(kidding of course...)
turboman808
What are the chances of that happening???
Twystd1
When ya get your insurance money..

Let us know... I know I will step up to find you a new car..

And I am sure the socal contingent will step up also...

Man... I just do't know what to say.....

OOOhhhhh...

WAIT....

I do know what to say.....

Every darn time something bad has happened in my life... Some great gift has come from it..

Look for the gift... And know it is coming.

Twystd1
bd1308
let ME know what happens to that car. I need a rust-free roller and as long as the total car isnt bent, I can egt it repaired.

b
Chris Pincetich
sad.gif - What a bummer! So sorry to see this...
The best thing that ever happened to my 914 project was an auto wreck (not another 914 though, my DD Volvo). I used all the insurance $$$ to buy an engine and parts for the 914 and now I drive it all the time. Right now is is impossible to see, but I bet there is a silver lining on this cloud that will reveal itself.
beerchug.gif
spare time toys
Call Jake. He has his up for sale at a great price just needs an engine. beerchug.gif
nycchef
if i ever get mine running you can have joint custody
rmital
QUOTE(Brian Mifsud @ May 5 2006, 02:16 PM) *

QUOTE(rmital @ May 5 2006, 12:28 PM) *

A women drove thru an adjacent properties fence, thru the bay door at the paint shop, thru his spray booth and smashed into my 914.

holy moly... that sounds like something out of a movie... stuff had to be coming through the windshield with that much speed and force...what happened to HER?

I actually have a picture of her pacing around the paint shop. She looks to be in her 20's...not a scratch on her. Her car "was" brand new. Still had the dealer's cardboard plates on them.

....BTW...I do appreciate the replies. It actually does help. I'm really hoping for the positive spin on this one. Definitely looking for a nice clean West Coast Teener. Gotta focus on that to keep from being clinically depressed.
Leo Imperial
Ray,

Gotta a under 70k original mile yellow car coming to by buddy's shop in Montclair tomorrow. Maybe the guy will take the right offer. Give me a call.

Any other locals are invited to come and hang around. Three 914's will be present and renching to be done. Possible lift time available. Beer will be available beer3.gif

Not intended to be a hijack
Hopefully more of a spirit lifter
ptravnic
I feel for ya brother. Felt like a death in the family when my first project went up in smoke...

Click to view attachment
Mrs. K
sad2.gif sad2.gif sad2.gif

So sorry Ray....... sad.gif

(admins....we need a crying smilie :cry:)

Lisa WTF.gif
Katmanken
So was this bimbo drunk? or on "meds"? or snorting up"?

My last trip to Cali I saw a guy snort up, hit the accelerator, almost nail a security guard and slam into a concrete barrier......

Drunks and druggies are flexible and rubbery and can survive crashes that would kill a sober person... All he had was aa litte stream of blood coming from is nose.....

Better tell her insurance company that your neck is really starting to hurt....... happy11.gif

Ken
JPB
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ May 5 2006, 07:08 PM) *

When ya get your insurance money..

Let us know... I know I will step up to find you a new car..

And I am sure the socal contingent will step up also...

Man... I just do't know what to say.....

OOOhhhhh...

WAIT....

I do know what to say.....

Every darn time something bad has happened in my life... Some great gift has come from it..

Look for the gift... And know it is coming.

Twystd1

AHHH, spoken as one with much experience in life. agree.gif

bmcwilli
I have been thinking about selling my 74 2.0.

I like the car and all, just never drive it (cept to keep e'thing lubed). 2 teeange daughters, and 2 businesses, plus a farm. And too damn many cars.

This is a clean, So Cal, unmolested car. Original FI intact. Battery tray intact, nice shifting 901.

Has dealer (Behr) A/C. If you want to remove that, I bet Clay Perrine would buy parts, or know someone else in TX that would.

Now; who is gonna talk me into, or out of selling it? slap.gif slap.gif

Nice interior..pics to follow.

It does need a rear caliper. Gonna get both rears from Eric Shea and have 'em replaced.

Car is located near Chapel Hill, NC. PPI welcome.

Bryan will send a PM too)

Pix follow
bmcwilli
Here ya go
bmcwilli
OK,

I see that one 800*600 photo blows my allocation.

I'll post some more on a web site somewhere.
rmital
...just wanted to post this info....

A "very happy" ending to this nightmare.

After 5 weeks of dealing with insurance companies...and friends and family having to deal with me (I've been miserable), I got a settlement. The amount was the exact $$ to purchase Glenn Sager's Silver 914.

Thank you to Clayton, Slits and Joe Sharp for helping me learn about the Glenn's car.

Thank you to Leo and nycchef for keeping me sane the last month...that wasn't to easy....

Now to arrange for transport....

No more welding for a while.....looking forward to driving a 914 in the very near future.

Ray

btw, I have a great '73 1.7L parts car now too.
Allan
Sweeeet!!!

That car of Glen's is really nice...

Good score.
drewvw

the car gods giveth and taketh away.....
Howard
That's a great car. Sure glad to hear it all worked out for you.
DonTraver
Somehow I missed this thread, sure happy to hear it worked out so well for you, very pretty car, have fun with her.

Congrats, Don
r_towle
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Of your NEW RIDE!!!!!
SirAndy
QUOTE(rmital @ Jun 9 2006, 01:10 PM) *

dude, that's just a scratch ... you can fix that! seriously ...
smile.gif Andy
rmital
....a pic of my new ride.
Thank you to Glenn for being patient the last 5 weeks.

rmital
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 9 2006, 12:32 PM) *

smile.gif Andy

...it is still is a great car...I'll have to rally the 914 community around here and see if we could get it back to being road worthy.
Leo Imperial
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 9 2006, 04:32 PM) *

smile.gif Andy

SHHH, give it time Andy smash.gif
DNHunt
Man, that is a pretty car! I'm glad that worked out.

Dave
Thack
Score!!!! That silver car is awesome. Even though you experienced some pain, i think you got better deal. Now park your car at the same paint shop every night. No way in hell lightning will strike twice...
TROJANMAN
I've seen that silver car......nice score smile.gif
morph
when i first read your post i was like "aww man that really sucks" but it looks like you got a nice car in the end and yeah you can fix the old one.
james
rhodyguy
wow. you go from a paint shop total to a beauty. what's was the woman's name? i could use her help getting a new car. can you share the ins co's valuation of the green car with us?

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.